• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  for the former members of the falls
    BUT HOW COULD YOU KNOW THE SWEETEST SUFFERING
    OF MOVING ON
    He isn’t quite as quick as he had been. The magic wiped from their bodies has slowed him down, exhausting him much more than he ever thought possible. The lack of power in his bones makes him feel brittle and as though he can offer nothing to anyone who needs it. His heart is both angry, but also disappointed. In wandering through the meadow he has witnessed the solemnity that has plagued many others and the worry that has enveloped the rest. Each one of them are scrambling to find their families and their loved ones just as Tiphon originally had. With many within his reach he has found enough comfort in roaming to find others who are in similar despair.

All of them are suffering.

A deep breath is drawn into his lungs and he inches from the treeline upon seeing Kreios. Their previous meeting had been brief and slightly bitter, but Tiphon hadn’t been certain as to the reason. He wasn’t here for the raids, but he was seeing the repercussions across the kingdoms. Is the past moot now, he wonders, now that the world has crumbled and risen again? Their home has been rebirthed from ashes and with so much at stake he contemplates whether grudges will continue to be held, or if they will wither as each of them struggle to find means of survival.

”Kreios,” he says when he reaches the group of horses. The scent of the Falls surges into his nostrils and it’s already nostalgic thinking of their homes and what has been laid waste by the untamed magic. ”Everyone,” his aurulent eyes sweep over their faces with concern despite the bitter stares he may receive. ”My offer still stands, Kreios,” he looks to their leader as he had during their last meeting, ”in that I want to help you and your family in any way I can. Although, at this time, I cannot heal injuries, I can offer at least one thing.” He pauses to consider this and to take regard to the situation that he is all too familiar with. ”If, in the case, Beqanna denies your petition for a home, which I hope won't happen, we would graciously – and happily – like to offer you a home. I, and my family, are currently petitioning for land.” There is no definite way of knowing that they will be granted a home, he realizes. Assuming that the idea is also trickling across their minds, he adds, ”Of course, it isn’t guaranteed, but I hate to see anyone left with nowhere to go. I can only hope that our request will be regarded kindly. If not, perhaps all of us can join together and try another time.”

TIPHON
    STARLACE AND INFECTION

Messages In This Thread
    for the former members of the falls - by Kreios - 09-05-2016, 06:16 PM
    RE: for the former members of the falls - by Raxa - 09-05-2016, 11:19 PM
    RE: for the former members of the falls - by Jedi - 09-06-2016, 06:42 PM
    RE: for the former members of the falls - by Tiphon - 09-06-2016, 09:26 PM