• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

she slept with wolves without fear; camrynn

she slept with wolves without fear

This is boring.

Her eyes drift as the shadows dance about her, and her lids grow heavy, threatening to close.  She had kind of hoped that someone interesting would spot her antics, but so far no one has taken the bait.

It becomes more and more difficult to keep her eyes open in her cozy little spot under the tree, and she briefly entertains the idea of retiring to a more isolated spot.  But why bother?  She may look small and vulnerable, but if anyone tries to take a pass at her, they will learn quickly how feisty she can be.

She’s almost asleep when a flicker of movement catches her eye.  She jumps up with a start, and is astonished to find the meadow has vanished.  “Wha …?”

A shape appears in the air before her, slowly becoming more and more opaque.  A mare.  A glowing, beautiful, dazzling white mare, with eyes that shine like miniature suns.  She should be terrified really.  But, instead of fear she feels excitement.  This is what she’s been looking for.  This is power.

The mare speaks, and her voice is undefinable.  But it speaks of magic, and mysteries beyond anything Rhynn has ever seen.  “You’ve had your eye on me?”  Her voice is surprised, but inside there’s a touch of pride.  Of course the mare had noticed her.  She’s different, special.  “I …”  She pauses.  What is she here really?  “I’m looking for a little excitement …”  But it’s more than that.   “I want … power.”

for the wolves knew a lion was among them

rhynn

Messages In This Thread
    RE: she slept with wolves without fear (camrynn) - by Rhynn - 05-28-2015, 05:47 PM