• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  And so it begins
    The warrior watches the mother maneuver herself in front of the colt and resists the urge to roll her eyes. Had Lagertha wanted to steal the child, or otherwise harm either them, she would have by now. It takes a special sort of women - her mind clouded by grief or anger, perhaps - to commit that sort of crime on a fellow female. Lagertha may be abrasive and uncouth, but she does not intentionally harm children. Or their nursing dams.

Lagertha casually replies, “I was Queen before Lexa.” A pause. “We don’t abandon our own. If Lexa thought you would make a good addition, then you should know that a group of us are petitioning for a home. They’re on the Mountain now. If you’d like, you can wait with me for their return.” Her gaze drifts to the peak, both disappointed and relieved that she was not up there with them. She is too angry still, at the perpetrators of the Raid. It might have been Yael’s magic that catapulted her into the Upside Down world, but it never would have happened if some little fucker hadn’t lied to the rest of Beqanna’s rulers. Because now her Jungle is gone. And she has been to Hell and back. And nothing will ever be the same. But this stranger need know nothing of that.

Her gaze returns to the the pair, softening a little. “That is, if you’re still interested.” She takes a small step forward. “I’m Lagertha. What are your names?”

Messages In This Thread
    And so it begins - by Maus - 09-09-2016, 12:22 PM
    RE: And so it begins - by Lagertha - 09-11-2016, 12:34 PM
    RE: And so it begins - by Maus - 09-11-2016, 01:42 PM
    RE: And so it begins - by Lagertha - 09-12-2016, 09:59 AM
    RE: And so it begins - by Maus - 09-13-2016, 03:17 AM