• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And I will put enmity between you ... [ANY]

Had she always been a mare of so little words? Wyrm’s never reflected on it before. Perhaps it’s the tension he feels from coming to her like a wayward dog, whining at her feet for scraps of a power she no longer possesses. Of course it was adequate that she would regard him with so little indifference. Or, maybe he was mistaking her silence. Heartfire was calculating to a fault, something he himself was no less guilty of. But then again she seemed ...  different. There’s a nagging sort of anger that picks at his skull when she looks at him, a restless emotion that he’s never even come close to feeling all these years. It bothers him even more to put a name on it (because in naming something, then it becomes real) but he can’t stop the whisper that his consciousness offers up.

Shame, it tells him. He’s feeling shame. A bitter, vile thing that coils inside of him and enrages him all at the same time. A hot, dry emotion that cannot be acted upon but only felt. It springs to life again when she turns her eyes away and leaves a question hanging between them. He knows it’s because she’s here, because it’s Heartfire and no one else. What other living being would awaken such emotions inside of him? He feels it so acutely under that cold, blue stare. Shame that he’s reduced to this, shame that he’s lost the animal he was before … shame that comes to him when her eyes glance over his body and She sees nothing but a green stallion, where once a threat was thinly veiled.

And yet, he’s still Wyrm. Nothing of what he feels even remotely passes over his eyes because if Heartfire were to sense it, then truly everything would be lost. No - better to channel it, breed it with anger, and let it grow until he can harness it again. “I have nothing but time.” He tells her, reflecting on the many ways she would’ve made an excellent counterpart on the throne. Pity it had never come to fruition. “And hopefully, I have you also.” He comments, watching as her mouth twists into a smile. “Although, you haven’t told me what your plans are … if you have any.” He finishes, ever the picture of tranquility. If it was one thing he’d learned from his stint with immortality, it was that wearing a mask could be viable in more ways than one.

WYRM

Offspring of Lupei x Zojja

Messages In This Thread
    RE: And I will put enmity between you ... [ANY] - by Wyrm - 09-20-2016, 01:48 PM