• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And I will put enmity between you [Sam pony]

Screaming like a siren, alive and burning brighter.
    Oh. Oh, the chase. He’d forgotten about the chase, along with so many other things it would seem. Just the word got his heart racing, his pupils dilating, bloodlust rising. And no outlet for it, no claws or fangs or membranous wings spread wide to catch the air, to carry him up up up so he could dive down and reach chasing speed, talons spreading wide and sinking into flesh, blood spurting and flowing free, light fading from doe brown eyes, fangs tearing into still-warm meat.

“Right you are,” he murmured, staring intently at prey far too small to fill a dragon’s belly. But large enough to satisfy a wolf at least for a little while, and giving chase as canine was just as satisfying. Deliciously so. Something about the exertion, the adrenaline, the risk, playing with fate even if the game had never been as dangerous for him as it was for other hunters. Snap a leg? Just patch it back up. Going a little too hungry? Reach out and sink otherworldly claws in and sever the tie between body and soul; even if it killed the fun, it still filled the belly. And some days that was all that mattered.

When the stranger asked where he’d come from, he shook his head and returned his gaze to the emerald green stallion instead of the hare. The ravenous hunger began to fade from his eyes at the distraction. With a grunt and a nod, he gestured over his shoulder the way he’d come. “Mountain.” Or so it would seem, at least. It was the only answer he had to give. “You?”
    I am the fire.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: And I will put enmity between you [Sam pony] - by Quark - 09-25-2016, 01:37 PM