• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And I will put enmity between you ... [ANY]

show them the joy and the pain and the ending

It is true she has never truly considered much of what lay in her emerald companion's past. It holds so little bearing on this present moment that it is hardly worth consideration. Perhaps in idleness she had wondered once, but not enough to put the thought to question. He has never asked of her history either, of what has brought her where she is today (of course, had he, he might have discovered that she has grown ever more powerful, has inherited new strengths that allow her a great deal. Or at least they had, until the world had turned upside down), but as far as she is concerned, that is neither here nor there. There are some things she keeps close to her chest anyway. Not secrets per se, more things she simply chooses not to discuss in everyday conversation.

Her plans are one of those not quite secrets. In truth, they are yet a far distant thing. There are too many variables for her to ensure success as yet. And quite frankly, were she to fail, the fewer who know of it, the better.

So instead of answering him, she smiles. A wry, half smile that tells him exactly nothing. Yes, the devil certainly is in the details.

His next question catches her a bit off guard. In truth, she had not thought he might offer her carte blanche. And really, what is it she does desire?

Oh, many things, but in this case, she does not believe he is asking about the plethora of mundane desires that immediately spring to mind. But she knows herself well enough that it does not take her terribly long to find to the crux of the matter. Shifting her weight, she relaxes one hind leg, white and black speckled limb crooking into an easy stance. Blue eyes drifting along the meadow, she allows her expression to soften into a thoughtful one.

”What does anyone desire?” Crystalline eyes flicking back to her companion, she considers him briefly. ”Power, of course.” Lips quirking, she pauses a moment before continuing. ”But not, perhaps, in the traditional sense.”

Some power comes easily. This, unfortunately, is not one of them. Raising one brow, she fixes a piercing gaze upon him. ”Still interested?”

heartfire

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

picture c Petrova Julia.N

Messages In This Thread
    RE: And I will put enmity between you ... [ANY] - by Heartfire - 09-27-2016, 07:53 AM