• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Mandatory for those interested in peace caste. And info about new caste.
    As much as she thinks the history, traditions, and uniqueness of the Sisterhood should be preserved, there is one element of this proposal Lagertha will never agree with. She is one of the older Sisters, one who served with three Queens before becoming one herself - a century after her dam ruled, and in a similar fashion. Recent history is on the tip of her tongue, the fluctuations of Beqanna's power and plays for crowns within easy reach.

Lagertha is not one to sit around and let words be put in her mouth; there was a discussion about a new Storykeeper, someone to keep an oral history of their Kingdom. This is not contested. This is, in her solemn gray eyes, necessary. But one part of it scratches the very fiber of her being, and her lips twist into hard line. Nope. From the back of the group, the scarred General speaks- calmly and matter of factly. "I did not agree to requiring a child of whomever we choose. For as long as I can remember, The Sisterhood has had a meritocracy. I don't think that is a tradition we should discontinue - nor should we put that expectation on some poor girl's shoulders, or discount others because they are not of someone's blood. My children are not more fit for a job than Hybris's or Djinni's."

She wets her lips. "I move we strike that from the requirements and keep it an application position, so as to keep it fair and balanced" Honestly, it's like they'd run away with ideas and never considered how they might sound when spoken aloud. Or how their Sisters might take the idea of losing out on opportunities.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Mandatory for those interested in peace caste. And info about new caste. - by Lagertha - 10-12-2016, 08:38 PM