• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Of all the strange things

Being in this place felt wrong. It felt like a betrayal to a home he’d always loved, but had never been an important part of. Being here made his skin crawl and his fur stand on end. He found himself pawing, the disturbance and war with himself manifesting into a physical need to do something, even if it were only to paw at the muddied snow beneath him. Thick dark locks bounced in time with his strikes as he dug away, the ache in his shoulder doing little to soothe the restlessness he felt from his own presence. He disliked the feeling of eyes on him, the scrutiny gnawing at him like rats against a knothole.

It is this heightened sense of unease and awareness that alerts him he is not alone, though the rabbit that approaches him is unassuming at first. It causes him to pause, and simply watch, to try and catch hold of a moment of peace. Rabbits do seem to have a bit of whimsy to them, and even he is not immune from simply enjoying watching. The watching quickly turns to curiosity  as it becomes clear she approaches him with purpose. Her small nose ever twitching, but not straying far from his direction. He is lost in the curiosity of the moment, completely entranced when she is suddenly no longer a rabbit. The restlessness vanishes, replaced entirely with surprise. He gapes at her for a long moment, eyes wide. This had always been a land of magic, and her transformation should surprise him as little as his own wings, and yet he’d never actually seen anyone shift forms before. He’s amazed to say the least. ”I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to stare.” he finally managed.

She introduced herself as Longear of the Tephra, and he nods. ”I’m Uconn, I was of the Tundra.” he replies quietly. He’s still not figure out these new Kingdoms, they are not yet places in Uconn’s mind, but rather just words with no worth. Perhaps in time this would change, or perhaps he would never reconcile such a harsh change.

Messages In This Thread
    Of all the strange things - by Uconn - 11-04-2016, 10:09 AM
    RE: Of all the strange things - by Longear - 11-04-2016, 12:33 PM
    RE: Of all the strange things - by Uconn - 11-09-2016, 09:30 AM
    RE: Of all the strange things - by Tiphon - 11-09-2016, 02:52 PM
    RE: Of all the strange things - by Longear - 11-13-2016, 09:02 PM