• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ghosts with just voices; aranea, longear, any

now don’t you understand…that I’m never changing who I am?
    He had been after her time. And though her magic had gone out like a flame in the winter night, she could still sense that he had once been like her—sort of. It shows that once a leader, always a leader. She had once been practiced at this… this thing. This life. Foreign affairs, a lady of the court.

Never Queen. No. Never that.

And yet now she found herself the leader of a small band—family—centered in the trees, happy and healthy, if for no reason than to keep her forest from dying. She had a love of all things green, and the lichen moved with her and gave way to her as she walked slowly through the trees as a ghost from the Emerald Isle. Her memories tore through her and she clutched her rosary thoughtfully. Her heart beat suddenly—the last remnants of her magic—and she knew at once that Ruan was engaging them. That there were new creatures in her woods and that suddenly, their world was not the sheltered haven she had created for them.

It was now time to return to what she was… The politician and bureaucrat.

And so the grey Reagan appeared between the trees and stood apart from her family, making herself known to Magnus and Company, her green eyes leveling them with all the commanding power of  a leader—as if she was trying to remember what it was like to lead. She does not know the other two, though their faces are familiar. She assumes that they are just like Jinju and Ruan are to her—family.

“Hello Magnus, it has been a long time. What brings you to my forest?”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: ghosts with just voices; aranea, longear, any - by Reagan - 11-15-2016, 08:32 AM