• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and when she laughs; reagan/any
    fuck all your dreams; they're not all they seem.
    How long had it been since he last felt the wind of the Taiga move through his fur? How long had it been since he had last had its leaf-filtered light fall pleasantly upon his spotted back? Years, it must've been, although Romek had not kept track. Of course he hadn't. It was hard at first to not think of the days passing, of the time filling the space between them all like sand. But, like everything in his life to date, it got easier. He started thinking things like 'they've probably forgotten me by now' and 'how will i ever be able to come back?' And so the space grew and grew and grew, and although it was hardly an oceanic amount, it was vast and distant enough that he could barely see the other side anyway.

But, more than anything, Romek was good at coming back. And so here he is. Back.

The spotted man moves through this familiar terrain with ease, his amber catlike eyes scanning his surroundings, always scanning, always moving. No doubt that by now Reagan has picked up on his presence in the Taiga - he has been back a fair couple of months, though for a fair few obvious reasons, had declined to make his presence known. He blended in well with the local fauna.

It is the scent of Maribel that causes him to pause for a moment. It had been literal years since they had seen each other, and it felt even longer since they had had a proper conversation - before, even Maribel had stepped down as his co-leader, his Queen... Their dream had more barbs than it first appeared to. He wonders, briefly, whether she has moved on - he wouldn't blame her. It had been a long time.

And so he slips into their conversation, Reagan and Maribel and a child he does not recognise.
    "A reunion, and I'm not invited?" he says, with a slight tilt of his head. "I'm hurt." he pouts a little, 'though this is mostly for comic effect. "but not really surprised."

He looks at all three of them, quietly and without moving, evaluating.

Romek

Messages In This Thread
    and when she laughs; reagan/any - by Maribel - 12-09-2016, 07:28 PM
    RE: and when she laughs; reagan/any - by Reagan - 12-11-2016, 09:37 AM
    RE: and when she laughs; reagan/any - by Maribel - 12-15-2016, 04:04 PM
    RE: and when she laughs; reagan/any - by Heda - 12-15-2016, 05:27 PM
    RE: and when she laughs; reagan/any - by Romek - 12-16-2016, 03:30 PM
    RE: and when she laughs; reagan/any - by Reagan - 01-08-2017, 06:59 AM