• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Show them the joy and the pain and the ending (any)
    Lucrezia is the first to voice aloud the opinion that Djinni thought she alone had held. Beqanna better after the Reckoning? Of course it is.

They have all been given a fresh slate, a bright start. Yet, in the first year since the changes, all Djinni had heard were complaints. Sadness over the loss of shifting, depression over the loss of homelands - rage over the theft of power, even.

She had not lost anything in the Reckoning, she has told herself, that is why she is able to enjoy it. But surely these mares had something before the world reshaped itself around them. They are lovely, polite, and both of them have even shown glimpses of a sense of humor.

"Some of us did," replies the grullo mare to the champagne's second comment, shrugging. Her words and body language makes it clear; Djinni was clearly one of those that needed it more than others. But she shakes it off easily, physically doing so and ruffling the salty locks of her mane. When she speaks again, it is in response to both Lucrezia's question and Heartfire's curiosity.

"I live in Nerine," she answers. "It's on the western coastline, above the wasteland of Pangea." She has seen the residents of that dry place as she soared through the sky on now-absent wings. They look the same as any other horse from such an altitude, but she cannot help but be curious what has made them live in such an inhospitable waste. At least the Desert was full of oases.

"It's beautiful there," She adds, "Soaring cliffs and the green ocean; rather different than the Jungle that the sisterhood called home before." With that she's given away the location of what once was the Amazons, as well as her own life among them. Djinni knows that there were sometimes hard feelings for the warrior women in the old Beqanna, but if her two new acquaintances feel that way, she supposes that it's better to get it out in the open early. "Some had difficulty adjusting to the change in scenery - and the addition of stallions - but we're settled now."

She feels that she has talked a bit too much, but she's not quite shared everything she knows. Should she? Perhaps some of it, she decides. "I know there's a tropical island to the west - Ischia. And there's a forest that stays autumn red all year round; I'm not sure what it's called." The tobiano mare looks solely at Lucrezia now, equally curious about the sabino mare as she is about Heartfire. "What about you?"
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Show them the joy and the pain and the ending (any) - by Djinni - 12-26-2016, 03:40 PM