• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this brilliant light is brighter than we've known; stillwater
    Stillwater
    They played a game of dancing glances, shy and tentative. He studied her lovely face when she looked outward, and he felt her soft gaze on him when he turned to admire her stars. It was a balance of hesitant curiosity, neither one able to sate it completely and each trying not to stare to do so. She had such interesting perception in those deep eyes, but no matter how he looked, he couldn't find it and pluck it out; it was something she must gift to him on her own, he supposed.

He liked to look at her; try and trace where the white mottled and marbled into her soft blue. There wasn't a definite line through them, and so his eyes had to pass and slowly sketch through the intricate lace of color with careful attention. When he tried to meet her gaze, she rebounded from his and looked away, but his light touch coaxed them back and his smile deepened just a little.

The night closed further around them at that contact, casting them into more shadow as though he'd shorted her fuse, her power flickering with a shock of electricity to her system. Amusement and interest played in his eyes as he studied her in the darkness, tried to untangle her thoughts for himself. Was it fright or something else that broke that circuit?

She seemed to notice it, and pushed to relight their little candles before speaking again. So softly. A cave for a home, like him. He was pleased to hear it, though he hadn't put together why just then. Perhaps the thread in his chest that kept trying to coil around her, pull her in closer. Whatever it meant, he could admit that he wanted her closer, wanted to see her again after this. His curiosity could not be sated in a single fragment of time.

"It isn't frightening if it is home," she said, and her expression was triggered into confusion. He watched her steadily, already thinking he might know why and aching to reach out and smooth that uncertainty from her brow. Would his touch settle her nerves or heighten them? Another question without an answer, for now. More curiosities the longer she remained. No, a single night was not enough to unbury the things he now wished to reveal for the both of them.

His black velvet wandered towards her shoulder again, as though tugged to answer the touch she denied herself, but he stopped. Whiskers and a warm breath was all he gave this time, before slowly retreating.

"My family lives in a Forest on the mainland. That cave is the only home I've ever known." Those honey-brown eyes slid away from him again, only to return a moment later. He remained still, so very still, as her nose crept closer to his neck. Breathing slowly, he focused on her clinging warmth tickling just a small part of his larger, shadowed coat. "Why did you leave your beach, Stillwater?" she asked quietly.

His skin altered slightly at her nearness, at the warmth spreading in his eyes before he closed them off from her, smoothing to a flawless satin black. Now, he definitely wanted to touch her, let her truly cling to him. But he shook his head slowly to himself, swallowed that creeping hunger as he busied himself with answering her, forced it to reverse back to flattened hair. Not this one, he liked this one.

A wicked witch plucked me from home, he said with an easy smile, his deeply alluring eyes opening to hold her again with only the barest new gleam to them. He said it flat and true, as though he were telling a tale or perhaps the truth. He liked to leave that distinction for her own choosing. Placed me here, with this collar at my foot because she knew I would just turn back home once she left. Because I don't follow orders so well," he added with a light chuckle. Like a prince from a story, captured and made to obey. A wicked witch that was not so villainous, and certainly not hideous. Still wicked in her way, but only a small part to this tale he weaved for her. A tale of truth.

It is a secret, though, he whispered low.

He gave no hint to the loss this time, to the bitterness that had grown so muted with time and with Nayl's departure. This was home now, and Djinni had righted her wrong in a way, created him a cave of wonder and comfort. He still did not have his freedom, his liberty to move about freely wherever and whenever he wished, do as he pleased, but that new addition had soothed him for a while more. Much like this starchild was.

So now this is home. Perhaps it always will be. His voice trailed off, and he considered something that might break this spell between them. He turned his eyes away from her, locked them to the gently waving surface of the water. Then, carefully, he whispered and held his breath for her answer.

Somehow it feels more like home now that you have come.
    Does that make me crazy, Luster?

come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this brilliant light is brighter than we've known; stillwater - by Stillwater - 01-28-2017, 01:39 PM