• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I need noise, I need the buzz of a sub [ANY]
    -Raeg'n-
    "You're the most interesting colt I think I've ever met."
    Her navy ears flicked back at the compliment to her boy, somehow annoyed with the glow of wonder it put to his face. Perhaps she should've been telling him such things, but she didn't think he needed to hear them. Didn't he already know? But the woman was continuing and denied any mystical origins with a shrug, and asked what brought them here to the Meadow.

Raeg'n listened attentively as he spoke of his father, someone that could change colors, but deflected any hint that he might be as interesting as any of them. She frowned delicately but didn't correct him. His silver was brilliant, perfect. It could be subtle and attractive, or radiant and glowing. It played with the sunlight, danced with the moonlight, shined and glimmered against her night-sky blue. It was perfect. Didn't he think so too? She almost felt a little hurt at that, but she wasn't sure why.

Her face carefully smoothed as he answered Circy then looked to her for guidance, uncertainty taking claim over his handsome face. It was always this way for them; he was given free rein, and when he hesitated she stepped in, when he doubted she affirmed, when he faltered she held him steady. But he was ever the star and light in this duo. So she answered naturally that silent ask for assistance, and fell into the lead once again.

We will do as we please, she said pointedly. He would be free, he would live a fun and adventurous childhood and she would keep the demon at bay. She was determined to let him live carefree, and didn't add that it may be only temporary. Perhaps it could be permanent when the beast came for him. She fully intended to be the one he clawed and sliced, or the one he bartered in whatever dark dealings he had in mind.

We do whatever we want, she reaffirmed with a smile and an eager light in her eyes. They would race across the territories, or dance in the night if they wished. They would train and spar, and whatever happened, he would be happy. Raeg'n turned her warm honey eyes to Circy then, sharing that smile with their new acquaintance.

What about you, Circy? What brings you to the Meadow?
    Image © Wizards of the Coast LLC

Messages In This Thread
    I need noise, I need the buzz of a sub [ANY] - by Circinae - 01-23-2017, 11:52 AM
    RE: I need noise, I need the buzz of a sub [ANY] - by Circinae - 01-23-2017, 08:01 PM
    RE: I need noise, I need the buzz of a sub [ANY] - by Circinae - 01-25-2017, 08:56 PM
    RE: I need noise, I need the buzz of a sub [ANY] - by Raeg'n - 01-28-2017, 03:48 PM
    RE: I need noise, I need the buzz of a sub [ANY] - by Circinae - 01-30-2017, 12:12 PM
    RE: I need noise, I need the buzz of a sub [ANY] - by Circinae - 02-14-2017, 12:18 AM