• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I put everything I had into something that didn't grow; dahmer

I know what it is but I'm hoping that all is well
    no harvest of green but it's still my heart to sell

No one called her Leli except her sister, and the endearment sounds both strange and comforting on his tongue. She cannot help the way she softens to it, the way that she eases into it, stepping into the silent, undisturbed pools of his presence. She has no great walls to protect herself, even after her entire world had been torn asunder, and she doesn’t pretend otherwise with him. As he casually mentions Dovev, although he of course has no idea what he is discussing, she just shakes her head and rolls her shoulders, trying to shift away from the pain that settles between her lungs. It was difficult to breathe around it.

She has no way of countering the statement, and she knows she would be unable to pretend that there was not someone who brought the frown to her face, so she just laughs, the sound fog and silver bells as it unwraps from her throat and into the air between them. It was easier to distract herself in such a manner; it was easier to turn her mind toward this easy conversation, words with little weight, no consequences.

“I had them at birth, but they were taken from me after the Reckoning.” There was no bitterness in her voice, just simple truth as she twists her head slightly to regard them. The wings shift again, turning for a moment into black leather with ivory appendages, the sight startling; she forcibly shifts them again, back into those of the barn owl. Shaken by the reminder of Dovev, she takes a second to gather her thoughts before  turning back toward the black leviathan before her. “My twin, Exist, was given the ability to return gifts to five others. She came and gave mine back to me.” Her eyes soften at the memory.

“They are not all I was born with though,” her smile is just a tick mischievous as she glances at him.

“Although that is not quite as easy to show.”  

I put everything I had into something that didn't grow
    like going on a wild hunt, shooting arrows without a bow

[Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I put everything I had into something that didn't grow; dahmer - by leliana - 01-31-2017, 12:27 AM