• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Lynx, any
    My heart saw the things that my eyes couldn't see

He could no more stop the questions spilling from him than she could stop hearing the thoughts tumbling about his head. The filter between brain and mouth has never seemed to quite function the way it should with him. Neither could he possibly be satisfied with something that leaves so many questions unanswered. A trait he had perhaps inherited from his father. The man seemed to know everything, and Fox is quite easily as curious.

It is overwhelmingly evident in the sigh, in the chill of her tone, that she is not entirely pleased. He frowns, wondering what she could possibly have to be displeased about. The day is quite fine, the sun bright and company plentiful. Much to keep one entertained. But then, perhaps Fox merely has more simple desires than she.

Rolling his eyes, he responds quickly with ”I did not tell you my name… oh.” So, she is also from Tephra. He's certain they've never met (he would have remembered someone like her), but it's possible she could have heard of him. It's not like he's been exactly silent and distant.

Plus, the fact that she so openly admits she's lying might have set him back a bit. So he does the only thing he can: he laughs. A bright peal of merriment that instantly lightens the mood.

Her next quip brings a nearly instant realization: she could somehow see what he is thinking. She had to be able to. It is the only thing that makes sense, since he knows he didn't say any of that out loud.

Turning, a grin tugging at his lips, he steps a bit closer to her. ”Do it again!” he insists, his voice bright and excited, before realizing he hasn't actually clarified. ”I mean, you can see my thoughts, or something, right?”

He's nearly dancing now, his happiness quite infectious (in perhaps the most literal sense of the word). So much so he doesn't even wait for her response. ”Oh, how brilliant is that?!”

He is indeed fanciful. Unabashedly so.

Fox

Messages In This Thread
    RE: My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Lynx, any - by Fox - 02-05-2017, 10:51 PM