• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

tell me you love me just one more time; viscera

I know what it is but I'm hoping that all is well
    no harvest of green but it's still my heart to sell

Her words tear at Leliana’s chest and she struggles to breathe for a moment, the pain in her chest almost more than she can bear. “I wasn’t wanted either.” Not by a father who left long before they were born, his name lost to their history. Not by a mother who would rather turn to the darkness than her children. Not even by Dovev who had found comfort and love in the grips of his family instead of in her embrace.

She was never wanted; not really. The thought burned her throat.

The loneliness is eased when she sees the light in the mare’s eyes, when she sees the pleasure in the small gift of her healing. She did not always get to experience such things up close and personal; it was much more common for her to heal from afar, to press her powers into strangers from a distance, watching the way that it danced and dove into them. To get to see it so close, to practically feel it in the air, was unreal.

But the joy of it does not last for long before the mare was ripping at her flesh, the blood pouring forth from her shoulder. It is a shallow wound but it makes Leliana ache, a soft cry ripping from her mouth. “Oh!” she cries as she twists her body so that it is pressed to the mare’s side, her wings large and down as they flare up and over her back. “Oh, please, don’t hurt yourself.” She dips her head down to the wound, the blood staining the crimson of her nose, and she pours her gift back into the mare.

The healing is fast, skin knitting together, the wound staunching, but when she looks back up, there is still concern naked in her hazel eyes. “Why would you hurt yourself like that?”

I put everything I had into something that didn't grow
    like going on a wild hunt, shooting arrows without a bow

[Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity

Messages In This Thread
    RE: tell me you love me just one more time; viscera - by leliana - 02-13-2017, 01:40 AM