• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this brilliant light is brighter than we've known; stillwater
    Stillwater
    Stillwater, she breathed his name again, a kick to his mellow heart. Supple lips once again trailed his jawline, to his chin, to his lips where she placed a light kiss in the corner of his mouth. His eyes drifted closed again, cool skin set aflame with her tenderness. You didn't, she began, but seemed to lose what she was going to say as a quiet fell between them. Her head sank to his chest when she spoke again. I thought maybe you forgot about me. I did not mean to be away for so long. But I got.. delayed.

His muscles tensed at that memory, at watching her be torn into as though she were some meaty carcass to a starving beast. But he quickly supressed it, and the memory of his own dark aftermath, as he told her not to leave, softly commanded her. I won't, she promised, I'll stay. Relief trickled through him on a gentle current, warm and smooth, loosening any remaining tension in his body, and she again gently kissed his cheek.

That was when he questioned her, wondered aloud if she didn't want to stay with him for even a moment longer. Her answer was silent at first, her body closing the distance and sinking comfortably into him, her pretty cheek resting at his shoulder. He sighed contentedly and reached for her too in natural response, brushing his muzzle across the slope of her withers. I would stay for as many moments as you will give me. A whispered promise sealed with a kiss. He smiled softly. I came back for you.

He placed a light kiss to the hollow of her shoulder and neck, remaining quiet and allowing her to continue as he soaked in this much needed tranquility. Her lips tugged gently at strands of his hair, prickling his skin to awareness. I intend to make Sylva home. She sighed then, pulled away enough to meet his softly dark eyes as he watched her, cradled her easily in his gaze. Do you think anyone will mind me being here? Always so uncertain, his caring Luster. Always so selfless and worrying over others before herself.

His head shook silently, but she worried and wrung out dainty hands, clutched onto the doubt that seemed so familiar to her. I didn't think to ask. Am I trespassing?

He had to put her mind at ease, needed her to be comfortable and happy again as she had been the last time she was here. An amused chuckle vibrated against her as he pulled her back into his chest and embraced her gently. His cheek brushed sweetly against her neck, breathing in that intoxicating fragrance. You said Sylva is home. You can't trespass in your own home, he pointed out playfully, tugging at a tuft of her soft, flowing hair.

I'm glad you came back, he whispered into those dark waves. And I'm glad you will be staying. And he knew exactly where he wanted her, but it was too soon to push. Too soon to presume too much. Besides, there were other scents lingering on her, strong and recent and loud.

You've brought someone with you?
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this brilliant light is brighter than we've known; stillwater - by Stillwater - 02-18-2017, 06:03 PM