• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm friends with the voices inside of my head, Ephrelle
    Oh look, oh my star is fading
    She smiles when Ephrelle responds that it's okay, glad that she hasn't insulted the girl. Now that her fellow-filly is standing the girl can clearly see how hard her companion must have been working just before she arrived. Despite the stream, there's still obvious signs of sweat across Ephrelle's body, and the girl wonders what she had been doing.

She's about to ask when Ephrelle beats her to it, and she pauses for a moment, entirely unsure how to answer.

What could she say to someone who hadn't been there? How do you explain monsters and the end of the world – and was she ready to talk about talking to the dead? Would Ephrelle think she was crazy? Only one way to find out: Wrynn is many things, she decides, but a liar or teller of tales isn't one of them. She'll be honest.

She leans in closer to Ephrelle, her already quiet voice hushed quieter as though she's afraid of being overheard (not that it was likely to happen, this deep in the jungle). "I was fighting monsters." she says, matter-of-fact. Where other fillies (who would be making it up) would speak with pride and a hint of superiority or perhaps outright gloat, Wrynn is simply telling the truth. She might as well be reciting a dry history, a list of Amazonian rulers or something similar. "It tried to grab me, but I bit it." It's true, every word, seared into her mind just as much as it's seared into her skin.

And then she pauses, her quiet voice fading into silence. Surely - surely Ephrelle will have questions.
    wrynn

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm friends with the voices inside of my head, Ephrelle - by Wrynn - 06-09-2015, 10:17 PM