• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

give me love and all your hate [M]; diz
    He wished he could wipe that stupid smirk off her face, especially because he knew exactly where her thoughts had gone at his demand. Make me. But those words never left her and she just quietly settled in next to him. He stared at her like she'd grown two heads as her pretty neck draped over him without a single smartass remark or hesitation, just a sweet gesture in what he assumed was supposed to be companionable silence.

He nearly smarted off to her, because that's what they did, snap and snarl and insult, attack and probably makeup in some wild and wicked way or another. Huh, not likely. Oh, but then her body heat finally began soaking into him, gradually seeping into his chilled bones with a flow of warmth so similar to another that made his heart ache. He moaned against that heat, against that pain in his chest at a love so very lost, his eyes pinching tight as he battled the thoughts he could no longer bury and push away.

Her lips brushed along his bare skin, and it wasn't the cold that made him shiver that time. His skin prickled and he nearly snapped at her, almost demanded she not touch him and get the hell out. But why the hell not? Only a touch, only more warmth for his frozen body and deadened heart. A heavy sigh pushed from his lungs, his head bowing to rest his nose against the earth.

I've lost everything, he said quietly, probably to himself. The bland and bored tone in his voice betrayed the shards of glass digging into his throat and the wetness clawing at his black eyes. Maybe he needed to mourn. Did he even know how to? All he ever did was cause harm, destruction, upheaval. All he ever was, was wrong. He had never seen it, never cared, until Leliana. Until he found her, gently pressed her to the ground beneath him-- he groaned; so much suffering inside him tearing him apart. Leliana.

God damn, even thinking her name hurt like hell and he forced himself to swallow those shards of glass, forced himself to breathe stupid, shuddering breaths when everything inside just wanted to cease to function. How long would it take to overcome this? How long until this wound healed on its own?

Or would he just bleed out and never die.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: preoccupied without you, i cannot live at all; diz - by Dovev - 03-04-2017, 01:01 AM