• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the things we love destroy us every time; zilpah

An oasis.  It sounds absolutely lovely already, and she’s not even there.

She immediately moves to follow her half sister, but pauses as Zilpah mentions the stallion again.  She’s glad to hear that she will alert her mother (Rosalinde has of course heard of the Desert magician) - it will mean less time wasted, and that they can get to the oasis all the faster.  She feels like she’s going to burn up in this sun with her thick winter coat.

The moment Zilpah steps into motion, she follows suite, making sure to keep up close behind.  As they walk, the bay mare turns to speak, asking about her reasons for coming.  And really, it’s a good question.  “Honestly, I’m not completely sure.  I love the Tundra, but it doesn’t feel right for me any more.”  How can she even describe it when she doesn’t understand it herself?  “I dunno.  I feel like I need something different.  But I have no idea what.”  She sighs.  She barely even knows Zilpah, and here she is spilling out her mess of a life to her.  What a joke.  “At the very least I thought it might be nice to get to know my family a little better.”  That part is at least a little less confusing.

“Sorry, enough about me.”  Enough of her mess.  “How are you doing these days?  How is the Desert?”  Her eyes travel towards the green blob in the distance, and she wonders how much farther they have to go.  She’s boiling!

rosalinde

the things we love destroy us every time

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the things we love destroy us every time (zilpah) - by Rosalinde - 06-15-2015, 01:24 AM