• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

now is your time, (any)
    I wish I could say I was thrilled that not one, but three recruiters came to my presence like flies on BBQ’s, but then I would be lying. Nothing is ever easy in this world, nothing was ever quick and painless—not even a band-aid. And so here I would stand for the next hour (give or take) listening to the potent speeches that have been practiced days upon days.

The only pleasure from this, clearly, would be to watch two disappointed faces.

A dark grey mare is the first to arrive to my open-invite party. She comes with a pungent smell of jungle, and while my experience with these women are seldom I know she comes with scars and stories. If it weren’t from the Amazonians strong taste in cockiness and over-confidence I might be flattered that she picked me of all the (less appealing) horses in the field today. The jungle women had a thing for girls with attitude and while I couldn’t argue their strategy, I did wonder if being cooped up with females all day and night left some slightly deranged. I feel as though heat cycles would align and become unbearable.

While I wish to protest to anyone that I am a “doer” and I work hard, I don’t wish to spread lies. I am intelligent, witty, and self preserving. I work hard at what I am good at—talking (to select few unless someone has what I need), fighting, and directing. I don’t work hard at what I am bad at, such as labor, uncanny friendliness, and ass kissing. I treat you how you treat me; I don’t care if you are king of the castle or popper of the poor—if you are rude, so am I. If you are generous, I can be too.

Understand?

The warrior introduces her name and I match in a polite tone, “Smother. My, with such a heavy armor one can only assume you are an Amazon warrior.”

I wish we could have left it at that; Lagertha seems tough but rewarding and that is the sort of thing I need to pair up with. I want to dominate, I want to thrive, and I can’t use spineless accordions for that. I need someone almost (if not equally) as head strong as I.

Now the Falls I am unsure of. Though I am not old enough to experience their cowardly acts, I have heard enough rumors to help deter me from their boarder. From what I have learnt they have been spineless in their actions—not even neutral, just useless. The benefits to this is I could waltz in and stir in some action—the negative, and most prominent reason, is that if I take the risk to enter the Falls I might become just as floppy as their previous members.

“Tyrna, a pleasu-“ is what I say before the final member arrives to the party. I glance over; slightly unamused I was interrupted by a new face but suddenly growing anxious at the abundance of options that lay before me. My young-minded spirit was overwhelmed by the scents, appearances, and offers (and truly no pledges had been voiced yet). My stomach is flipping in anticipation to hear what they had to offer, but also to shut down two out of three.

(insert evil, mischievous laughter here)

She is magic, I can see that. I am cautious around those who flaunt their powers—especially thoughs who enjoy using it too much. She is queen, and magic is a very powerful tool. The Deserts are considered light but I feel an unnatural vibe wafting from her air. She is anything but light—she may have some golden flecks of goodness in her, but the majority of her is deceiving. Now, should I be willing to take that risk?

“A pleasure to meet you Tyrna,” I manage to finish after a slight exasperated sigh. Finally, my eyes switch to the magical-queen, “and I am Smother, of nothing and from nowhere. I am what they call fresh meat.”

Tainted, but yet still, they want to eat me. 

Messages In This Thread
    now is your time, (any) - by Smother - 06-10-2015, 01:50 PM
    RE: now is your time, (any) - by Lagertha - 06-11-2015, 07:56 AM
    RE: now is your time, (any) - by Tyrna - 06-11-2015, 09:14 AM
    RE: now is your time, (any) - by Camrynn - 06-15-2015, 08:57 AM
    You said you would be better - by Smother - 06-16-2015, 01:49 AM
    RE: now is your time, (any) - by Lagertha - 06-17-2015, 03:06 PM