• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ivar, i'm waiting on you

i know i'm not the center of the universe
    -but you keep spinning 'round me just the same

Yawning, he turns his head this way and that, stretching out the cricks that came from a long doze. The sun has warmed his dark back – overwarmed really, he feels a little roasted – and he immediately looks for shade. He is standing ankle deep in the water, yet despite over half an hour of a perfect stillness the silver minnows still seem wary of his pale legs. Ivar hasn’t noticed this, and given the recent arrival of the black mare he doubts she has either.

It seems she’d been the thing to wake him up. Yet as he meets her sea green gaze, she seems irritated with him.

Why?
    Had he done something while asleep?
    Or perhaps he stands in her portion of the river?

“It’s Ivar.” He tells her. He is clearly uncertain; his tail flicks nervously and he keeps turning his head as though to leave. The yearling remains though, bound by the constraints of propriety.

(a few more feet and he’s in the water. safe)

The sun is still uncomfortably warm on his black back, and Ivar glances over the older girl for a moment. While some part of him knows that this is what a beautiful woman looks like, he has not yet entered young adulthood. It will be soon – very soon, for he is tall and growing stronger – but the careful scrutiny he gives the stranger is entirely without lust. He is only cautious, wary, and feeling a little trapped.

“Who’re you?”

-------------------i v a r
    ------------------------------------djinni and stillwater---------------------------------

Messages In This Thread
    ivar, i'm waiting on you - by Perfect - 05-20-2017, 08:58 PM
    RE: ivar, i'm waiting on you - by Ivar - 05-20-2017, 09:46 PM
    RE: ivar, i'm waiting on you - by Perfect - 05-20-2017, 10:15 PM
    RE: ivar, i'm waiting on you - by Ivar - 05-20-2017, 10:41 PM
    RE: ivar, i'm waiting on you - by Perfect - 05-22-2017, 01:58 PM
    RE: ivar, i'm waiting on you - by Ivar - 05-25-2017, 07:40 AM