• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i will show you fear in a handful of dust -- any
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

His amber eyes see only Sakir for a few moments, and then his focus widens to envelope both of the twins, the boy and girl pair who never should have been separated... who never should have been left behind in the Dunes. Amet's heart squeezes painfully as his tear-filled eyes find the scars on Iset's neck and the malnourished, unfocused ball that is Sakir.

It is his fault that they are here in the Forest of Beqanna, broken and scarred and terrified. His, with a lower case h. The Akhal-Teke boy suppresses a sob just as Iset turns on him, her personal version of pain turning him into the obvious target, for which he, obviously, cannot blame her. The metallic filly screams at him, screams things that he already knows, things that he has tried to push into the dark recesses of his mind. Amet can't help but to pin his ears atop his skull, his pupils narrowed harshly at the filly as she yells.

He can feel his own anger roiling deep in his chest, growing with every vehement word that is spat at him. The light bay boy tries to refrain, his tongue punctured by blunt teeth with the effort, but then, finally, he can't stop himself. "You think I don't know that, Iset?! You think I don't regret leaving you both there?! I regret it every second of every day!" He pauses long enough to take a quivering breath, his words sharp and spoken through a clenched jaw. "I'm sorry that I was too weak to bring you both with me. You deserved more. I am aware of that."

He forces himself to turn away from his sister and towards the winged mare. Iset seems to have the same idea and, after shouldering past him, she pleads with the adult to find a healer for their brother. Amet watches anxiously, his muscles taut and cold, as the winged mare leaves for help and Iset returns to their sickly brother.

I need you. I love you.

Amet exhales shakily before taking a step closer to them. "We need to bring him to the Lake. When she comes back."

Amet

@[Iset] @[Sakir] @[Snowphish]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i will show you fear in a handful of dust -- any - by Amet - 05-22-2017, 06:34 PM