• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

This Place Seemed Pretty Cool (Any)
    kharon
    "What gave it away genius?"

He was startled by her sharp humor and his smile slipped away as he stared at her. It didn't last long though, and soon he was grinning easily again. His mother was much the same, and Father too. And even Reilly at times. So he was used to it, though he didn't seem to have learned that humor himself.

His expression fell away again though at the mention of the invasion, and he looked a bit sour. "Uh.. yes. Well, he's long gone, guess he didn't want the island after all, and the queen is returned with her family. They prefer to keep to themselves, I think, but I'm sure I could introduce you to Allure sometime if you wanted. She looks a bit like you actually, but anyway, she's pretty cool." Rambling, he was rambling. He tended to do that sometimes.

"My name's Zhenga; my dam thought it's meaning was nice apparently."

She won his attention again and his eyes lit up with interest. "Oh? Better for a princess? What's it mean?" His name had a meaning, too, after all. It just probably wasn't quite as nice as hers. He was pretty sure it most definitely wasn't as nice as hers, actually. Mother had been in such a dark place. Kylin's name was much better, but then Reilly had chosen it so that made sense. Maybe Mother would be better at names now, but he probably wouldn't know for a while since he was the one to name their baby sister.

"I'm Kharon. He's the ferryman to death. So when people die, he's in charge of taking them to the underworld unless they can't pay the fee. Or, that's how I heard it anyway. Mother thought I'd take her to her death. But really, I'm not all that bad, she was just in a really bad place. She's better now, I think. Mostly."

He blushed, suddenly feeling a bit awkward and like he'd said too much, and fell silent.
    Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

Messages In This Thread
    This Place Seemed Pretty Cool (Any) - by Zhenga - 05-17-2017, 10:45 PM
    RE: This Place Seemed Pretty Cool (Any) - by Kharon - 05-26-2017, 11:59 AM