• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I Won't Stop Looking (Any)
    Their conversation brings up feelings that Warrick has long since pushed down. The sadness that is found is his blue eyes are distant and old, memories clouding his gaze from long ago. He understands that Sirana is quite content with not being with her family and venturing out on her own (so much like Tang – the thought dims his eyes even more), but the stallion knew that at least Sirana knew where her family was. He would kill for that luxury, to know that they are safe and nearby, only a day’s travel away when needed. She blows into his face gently, soothingly, her breath sweet with grass, and his gaze lifts and focuses on her. He snorts softly, empathetically, and allows a small smile to creep onto the indigo of his lips. “Everyone must go their own way, eventually.” He spoke the words with confidence, but he could not bring himself to take his own advice. They were gone and he was not (who is ‘they’, exactly?). That was all there is to it.

The sun still bores down on them relentlessly, painting the cool blue of the water with ribbons of golden light. The water was clear and bright, lapping against the auburn of his shoulders and hips with hungry and wet kisses. Even the shining silver minnows press their lips to his skin, nibbling at his fetlocks curiously as they search for food in the algae-covered pebbles and sand on which he stood.

He smiles easily at Sirana now, comforted by her words of absolution and confidence. He need not worry that she was separated from her family. He had not yet visited Sylva yet for himself, but Djinni did not seem the type of ruler that would refuse to let a daughter reunite with her family if needed.

“What is it you seek then, Sirana?” His voice is as fluid and cool as the water that surrounds them. “Any land can be called home, even this field. What is it you really are searching for when you say you are trying to find a home?”

Home is a family, it is comfort; it’s loyalty and safety, compassion and love. What did Sirana want her home to be? Warrick is ready to offer her one, if that is what she truly seeks.
    like the sun,
    swallowed up by the earth
    warrick

Messages In This Thread
    I Won't Stop Looking (Any) - by Sirana - 05-30-2017, 07:21 PM
    RE: I Won't Stop Looking (Any) - by Warrick - 05-31-2017, 06:36 PM
    RE: I Won't Stop Looking (Any) - by Sirana - 06-02-2017, 01:23 AM
    RE: I Won't Stop Looking (Any) - by Warrick - 06-02-2017, 02:03 PM
    RE: I Won't Stop Looking (Any) - by Sirana - 06-02-2017, 08:50 PM
    RE: I Won't Stop Looking (Any) - by Warrick - 06-03-2017, 08:25 AM
    RE: I Won't Stop Looking (Any) - by Sirana - 06-03-2017, 01:25 PM
    RE: I Won't Stop Looking (Any) - by Warrick - 06-04-2017, 07:59 AM