• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

did that full moon force my hand - anyone
    “Thank you,” Ehprelle replies, smiling. She tilts her head to get a better look at the tattoo herself. The bumblebee emerges from the heart of the flower as she watches, and Ephrelle laughs a little, quietly. She cannot feel the little legs or the thrumming of its wings, but she imagines they’d tickle if she could. Ephrelle does her best to stand still and let the other mare look more closely, but when Wichita pulls back, Ephrelle straightens up to get more comfortable.

When Wichita asks what an Amazon is, Ephrelle frowns. It’s not in displeasure, just confusion. How can someone not know what an Amazon is? Doesn’t everyone? Oh, she thinks, perhaps Wichita is not from Beqanna. That would explain her strange way of talking, at least, and also her fascination at Ephrelle’s tattoos.

“An Amazon is a mare that lives in the Jungle, down south. We are part of a sisterhood, and when we swear our loyalty we receive these tattoos as proof of our service.” That seems a good enough way to explain it, she decides. Well, perhaps she should just explain everything. “If we ever leave the Jungle, or betray the sisterhood, we lose our tattoos. There’s a red slash mark – ‘the traitors mark’ – that appears instead. I don’t think many sisters leave; it’s a wonderful kingdom. I’ve lived there my whole life!” Her excitement in the last phrase is obvious. She might not yet be two years old, but she’s already quite sure what she wants to do with the rest of her life. She’d sworn herself to the Jungle at only six months old, and has no intention of ever leaving. “Where do you live?”

ephrelle

vithiraki and charoki of the amazons

Messages In This Thread
    RE: did that full moon force my hand - anyone - by Ephrelle - 06-17-2015, 10:19 AM