• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

my heart never stops beating for you; any
     NIER
    He preferred them a little... less. Just a bit sad, just a bit broken. Just a little lonely. She wasn't any of those, not from what he could tell from the natural way she could glide through the night like she belonged in it, was born for its dark embrace. Not even remotely afraid of what prowled its shadows. That was alright, he wasn't either. He was one of those things.

Day, night, didn't matter.
    They never saw him coming.

This one, though. He couldn't quite place what it was that caught his attention as he leaned casually on the elbow of a wing against a tree. She was attractive, beautiful even in the shroud of a quiet night, but so what. And such easy grace. Reminded him a bit of... Romy. Romantica was graceful, beautiful. But something else. It was itching at him, so close. Romy had a twin, but no. Nothing with her.

Then it clicked.
    Ah, yes. She reminded him of the bold one, with the blue and the lace of white, the rich, dark hair. Did this one have the wild fire in her eyes, too? That's where he met Romy and her twin. There with the other woman that looked a bit like this one. He hadn't cared for her. Too bold, too hard. This one was soft, though. Call him intrigued, curious.

It was convenient that she was coming right to him, to this copse of trees, and he pushed off from the trunk and resettled his wing at his side. Waiting for her. He smelled like the deep woods, his typical haunt, of cedar and oak and birch, the rich musk of man, the cool of night. He was neither darkness nor light. He was invisible, always invisible. They liked it best that way. They loved their phantom. Mmm, and he loved them too, in his way.

Her soft lips pressed to a tree as she entered, so gentle. Why kiss a tree? There were so many other things to kiss, so many other places to put those lips. Maybe she didn't know that, and he grinned, a sexy, wicked thing that she'd never see.

He'd taught many, could teach her too. But she wasn't broken, wasn't lonely. Didn't have a man neglecting her, didn't need his attention. The lonely loved him best, so much pent up passion when they knew there were no consequences. Just a little tricky to get caught with a ghost, wasn't it? And guilt-free. They loved that, too. What was a bit of fun with a ghost? It wasn't real anyway, right?

The beauty found herself a little nook, settling in the shadows as he prowled forward. So used to masking his steps, always had stealth, the unseen and the unheard. Couldn't be perfect though, nature had her ways, and his steps displaced a whisper of fallen leaves like a gentle night breeze. Easily rationalized, explained away. His scent was a little trickier, but most seemed to find some kind of strength in it, a comfort, a sense of safety. So many times he had been a security blanket, patiently earning their trust. Tonight would be no different.

He flowed like the shadows, dragging a faint caress of soft feather-tip along her cheek, her jawline, her chin, applying just enough pressure to tilt it gently up. Hmm, definitely attractive. And so young, but to them he was ageless. Invisible. He slipped away, letting the cold of night shadows replace where he'd just been as he circled her silently. His eyes roved her body openly, though they never really knew that, did they? Curved, filled, healthy. Pretty damn delicious, really, but he wasn't after just the one thing. No, really. Just liked to inspect the gems before he fitted them. Hah, good one.

Most the time he kept his distance, gauging their reactions to a hidden presence first before deciding how to proceed. Didn't much feel like it tonight, and he finished his walk around her and slid in place at her side on the ground, fitting his strong shoulder against the elegant slope of hers, hip to perfect hip. A large, downy-soft wing gently fell across her back, tucking in at her other side, completely relaxed, though hugging her to him was tempting. He loved those curves pressed against him. His muzzle reached to brush against her neck, sweeping silky hair across his nose as he drifted up and up so gradually to her ear.

Ever met a ghost, love? he murmured with a smile.

Messages In This Thread
    my heart never stops beating for you; any - by Augusta - 06-12-2017, 05:00 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; any - by Nier - 06-12-2017, 07:51 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; any - by Augusta - 06-12-2017, 09:53 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; any - by Augusta - 06-15-2017, 06:52 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; any - by Augusta - 06-20-2017, 04:01 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; any - by Augusta - 06-26-2017, 11:57 AM