• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

my heart never stops beating for you; any
     NIER
    She seemed at ease with his presence, his touch. And he was slowly coming to recognize it was something more than that. Not just at ease. Comforted by him being here, though she hadn’t seemed like the delicate broken ones he liked to find. Maybe she was only better at masking it under all that beauty, hiding it even from him. Nah. Something else, though. Something more. He hadn’t had to promise that she’d be safe, that she’d like him here. Usually had to do that. But she already did. Already felt safe with him, already liked him here. Immediately wanted him here, in fact. So strange.

But blessings, you know.

He spoke, and she listened, so attentive to his voice. It was a little hard not to be, when a voice and a warmth against her side was all she had. He liked it that way, that they would hang on his every word. Denying them the sight of him, the distraction. Definitely a distraction. Liked for them to focus on the touch. That was most important, wasn't it? Every barest sensation of him. A feathery caress here, a soft kiss there. Wasn't always so gentle, though. Just liked to start them nice and slow, coax them somewhere a little higher, a little wilder. If it came to that.

Trust comes first, though, and he was an expert.

She leaned into him, her eyes searching -never finding. ”Is tonight all I have with you, shadow?” She spoke so softly, a slow pull of silk over bare skin, and he shivered. ”You’ve only just returned to me.”

Returned to her. The shadow has returned to her. Well, damn if he didn’t have a fucking clue what that meant. Sure did sound like a knocking though, a nice loud knocking of opportunity. And he smiled, buried that sexy grin against the velvet of her nose. Yes. That's right. He was Shadow, and he has returned to her. How long has he been gone, though? How much had she missed him? How long did she want him to stay?

You missed me, he feigned perfect surprise, even pulling away a little to leave some cool space where he'd just been pressed against her. Like a lover shocked at how much she really cares. Mmm, how much did she care? He waited just long enough, then so cautiously slipped back in, grazing shadowy lips along her jaw to her neck. Black lips.. he could make them just a bit visible to be her shadow. If he wanted. But he thought better of it for now. Maybe later, ideas for later.

Was her shadow a living thing? His voice didn't seem to cause suspicion. Curious girl.

You really want me back for more than tonight? he asked, so soft and hesitantly hopeful, drifting from her jaw to the tender flesh beside it. Mmm, couldn't help but taste her with another kiss.

Why would she separate from this shadow? And which one did the leaving? Or.. was this something with the Reckoning. Had she had a magic of some kind and still hadn't begged for it back yet? He remembered lacking his, suddenly being seen by everyone. Suddenly being visible right in the middle of taking some poor bastard's wife. Well, hadn't gone so well, had it? You can imagine. That was NOT the kind of shock and surprise he liked to find.

Fixed that as soon as he could, he did. Didn't mean it wasn't just a little fun, though. Hah, her face. And that idiot, too, watching just long enough for the delicious image to click. The sudden rage, haha! And wings, you know. Wings to take him away, after all. They had never been so handy. Mildly amusing now, after the fact, but he really fucking hated surprises. Had been such a bad day.

He was smiling into her skin again. Decided to press it deeper, putting pressure to her neck with his lips, guiding her down, down so gently to her side and beneath him. 'Cause... I missed you too, he whispered between another kiss, and another. He hovered over her, caging her between his wings as he leaned on them though he supposed she wouldn't realize it. Caged, his little bird. Not like his li'l dove, no. Not his dove.

He brushed his muzzle against the muscle in her neck, caressing, exploring. Breathing in that fabulous scent. How long has it been, now? he murmured. May as well try to figure out what this Shadow was to her. Maybe he wasn't quite so keen on leaving as soon as he thought he would be. A beautiful little puzzle to deconstruct first. To pluck curiously at her seams and see where she unravels for him.

Messages In This Thread
    my heart never stops beating for you; any - by Augusta - 06-12-2017, 05:00 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; any - by Augusta - 06-12-2017, 09:53 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; any - by Augusta - 06-15-2017, 06:52 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; any - by Nier - 06-18-2017, 07:12 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; any - by Augusta - 06-20-2017, 04:01 PM
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; any - by Augusta - 06-26-2017, 11:57 AM