• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you can have my isolation. || warrick, amet & nayl
    Their journey is a silent one; brooding, simmering with a tension that, though was not between the two stallions, still lingers most heavily, even with their escape from the thick air of their volcanic home. His mind and heart are wrought with many emotions that leave the normally optimistic and bright stallion with a disheveled look that does not suit him. The two travel silently throughout the night, his indigo lips pulled into a thin line as he imagines the devastation that Hyaline suffered. He remembers the somber look in Amet’s eyes, the strain of defeat on his voice. It causes Warrick’s eyes to fall downward and absent as they travel, two silent and tired horses on the pale dusk of the horizon.

He squares himself next to Offspring as they pull their weary legs onto Hyaline’s border, a familiar area that Warrick had graced not so long ago for a very different reason. He is a solemn and slender figure as he stands beside the large and looming mountain of a stallion, his blue eyes cool and crisp compared to the blazing red of his king. The sight that he takes in brings a frown to his navy lips, his jaw slacking as the scenery unfolds. There is an obvious trail that the group had carved out, singed and burnt beyond recognition. Warrick remains silent, his shock completely freezing him as Offspring’s voice rings out throughout the near-wasteland. He wonders if Amet would appear, a bronze and glittering shadow on the hill, wounded but not defeated.

Instead they are greeted by another, an unfamiliar mare that Warrick has never seen before. By her immediate prowess, the blue-bay knows that she is of high importance, a royal figure that has come to Hyaline to see the damages as well, yet for completely different reasons. Her words are indifferent and factual, yet her voice holds a slight twinge of disappointment as she begins to speak to them. She is disheartened at the devastation, and Warrick is as well, but for reasons that he knew she would not care to know about.

“Tephra came as soon as we heard. Amet sought me out himself. I consider him a friend of mine. I am Warrick.”

Warrick’s blue-tipped ears flick backwards thoughtfully, his cerulean gaze tittering to Offspring for a moment, realizing that this woman might not be exactly as understanding as one may hope upon hearing the reasons behind the loss that Hyaline had been forced to suffer. He falls silent, letting his gaze linger on the two-toned mare for a moment before scouring the land once more.

It is not as he remembers.
    like the sun,
    swallowed up by the earth
    warrick

Messages In This Thread
    you can have my isolation. || warrick, amet & nayl - by Offspring - 07-06-2017, 08:52 AM
    RE: you can have my isolation. || warrick, amet & nayl - by Warrick - 07-06-2017, 08:33 PM
    RE: you can have my isolation. || warrick, amet & nayl - by Offspring - 07-08-2017, 03:09 PM
    RE: you can have my isolation. || warrick, amet & nayl - by Offspring - 07-30-2017, 11:25 AM