• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

a single spark is all I need, Gryffen
    a ghost in the darkness.
    She is still guarded, wary of him. He can’t blame her, she must have experienced the likes of him before. However she softens just slightly, offering an apology for her actions. ”That’s quite alright. I deserved it.” He murmurs with a soft smile, red eyes sparkling slightly as he watches her. Her body relaxes, muscles releasing and he allows his own to do the same. Put her at ease, lull her slowly but surely. Her eyes still watch him closely, her jaw still tense with uncertainty. He’s not close to making her drop her safety net, he still has work to do.

She speaks of not being lonely and he dips his muzzle slightly in understanding. ”Foolish of me to assume.” Meeting her with a slight tug of his own lips, a slight glint of humor. ”It doesn’t hurt though to have some company. Spending too much time alone isn’t good for the soul.” Another howl breaks through the trees. He notices the quiver of her shoulder, stalwart but inside he thinks she might start to feel somewhat nervous. The wolves don’t bother him, he is as much a predator as they are.

The howl is perfectly timed, he pauses in his retreat as she calls out to him. Without realizing it, she’s given him all he needed to know. She is alone, truly alone. Nobody waiting for her, nobody to miss her if she was gone. There’s a need in the tone of her words and he bows his head slightly as he moves closer to her. Meeting her step and closing the distance between them. His pale body grazes slightly against her own but he does not meet her eyes as he comes to stand beside her. Instead his crimson gaze roves the woods around them, ears pricked forward. Tense and alert.

”Best to wait it out Vespara…” He murmurs to her quietly peering beneath the stained tangle of white that is his forelock. Glancing at her with an encouraging smile. He gives her a fake name, for he’s unsure if anyone knows of his return. If they might remember him. Better to be safe. ”I’m Fen.” A pause as they settle into their watch. ”Where do you come from?” He finally asks then quickly follows with the slight air of apology. ”if you don’t mind me asking?” He will prod her past, sift through her secrets. Somewhere among it all will lay her weakness and the power to trap her.

Gryffen

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a single spark is all I need, Gryffen - by Gryffen - 06-20-2017, 12:09 AM
    RE: a single spark is all I need, Gryffen - by Gryffen - 06-27-2017, 10:02 PM
    RE: a single spark is all I need, Gryffen - by Gryffen - 07-14-2017, 03:26 PM