• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

But I think that we missed our connection [Ellyse/Offspring/Any]

Bound for trouble from the start
    I've been walking through this old world in the dark

There is so much simple pleasure in merely having her curled up against him. The feel of her breath mingling with his, the quickness of her pulse depending on how and where he touched her. The steady rhythm of her breathing. Feeling cared for and returning that feeling entirely, he wants nothing more then to protect her. The way he has never been protected. The way Magnus failed to save them both.

He had not wanted to completely disentangle himself from her but she now moves away and he hides his disappointment, swallows it down. It doesn’t last long as she looks up at him. Her lips are tracing the wrecked skin of his face and he still cannot stop the sudden shiver that it sends through him, that little jolt of electricity. They merely gaze at each other, lost for words and yet understanding each other so clearly.

No, he was not Magnus. He was not his father. They shared many similarities and yet their anguish, their burdens, were so different. She speaks of him and he can’t help gritting his teeth, the tightening of his jaw. For a moment he wonders if she would always compare the two, always look at him and see a shadow of his father. There’s a taunting voice in the back of his head, a nagging red flag. That maybe she had only wanted to be close to him because it was the second best thing. ”Do not punish me for my father’s mistakes.” His throat constricting, looking past her shoulder. Words quiet but full of steel.

The bear roars inside him and his body involuntarily spasms. Then her kisses find his neck and the mere calming touch of her soothes the beast inside. ”Sorry…” He mumbles into the thickness of her mane, not daring to look at her just yet. Please don’t compare me to him, he wants to say. But he doesn’t. He buries that thought deep within for he doesn’t want to know the truths that might accidentally be spilled if he speaks it out loud. Doesn’t want to acknowledge his own hint of guilt.

Magnus had left her, she was free to make her own choices. And he had not seen his father in years. Why should they feel guilty if they had found solace in each other? It was owed to them, owed to him most of all. Uncertainty, hesitation. It drips from her words, is she scared of him? She might have reason to be. Velvet lips finds hers and when he releases her, he pulls her face up to his with a gentle but firm push of his muzzle. ”I’ll take whatever pieces you are willing to give.” Pausing, searching into the sparkling hazel of her iris’s. ”I’ve never met anyone like you Ellyse. And now that I’ve met you, I don’t want to let you go.”

There’s still something she’s holding back, he can see it in her eyes. His doubts are confirmed and he assumes the worst. ”What is it?”

Ledger

Messages In This Thread
    RE: But I think that we missed our connection [Ellyse/Offspring/Any] - by Ledger - 07-14-2017, 09:17 PM