• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll be there to save the day; Kerberos
    The sea’s fucking gorgeous, isn’t it? Especially on a day like this, where the wind whips the water into glorious waves, all grey and stormy and beautiful. For once I’m not really in the mood to go for a run out there, just want to sit and watch. Stare out over the water, with a big old supercharged grin on my face.

Maybe we’ll get some lightning. Mmm, now that’d be fun.

I don’t catch her approaching ‘til she’s pretty close already, too caught up in the sea to notice, and the wind’s strong enough that I didn’t hear her feet sinking into the sand, just the whoosh of it rushing past my ears. When I do finally notice, a sneaky little smile starts on the corner of my mouth she can’t see, and I keep my eyes on the ocean.

“Hey, Kerberos.”

I turn to look at her, grinning and closing the last of the distance between us to wrap her up in a hug. “Hey, babe.” A squeeze, a quick little lipping at her thick black hair, a harmless kiss to the side of her neck, and I pull back to nod at the water. “Hell of a day, huh? Normally I’d say it’s enough to make a guy want to go for a run, see what kind of a wild ride the sea’s willing to give him, but I think today I’d rather stick to the beach with you.”
    Superman got nothin' on me

Messages In This Thread
    I'll be there to save the day; Kerberos - by Roma - 07-09-2017, 03:40 PM
    RE: I'll be there to save the day; Kerberos - by Kerberos - 07-15-2017, 03:51 PM