• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  do you feel like a young god? iset
    Iset
    there's an old man sitting on the throne that is saying
    I should probably keep my pretty mouth shut.
    She is paralyzed; by fear, by shock, and by everything else that was flooding her system and overwhelming her every thought and emotion. Frozen in time, she is a statue standing stiffly in the brisk autumn wind. Two identical pairs of eyes lock from across the field, and the panic that strikes within her heart shakes her down to her very core. He was going to lash out again, and she would deserve it. 

She had destroyed their home. Their relationship. Their family. Everything. He makes a move towards her, and unconsciously she recoils and takes a mirrored step backwards, keeping the distance between them the same. From this far away, she couldn’t see the hatred and disappointment that was surely living in his eyes. Though she was determined to keep some distance between them, Iset did not move to run (was she ever the type to run from conflict) but simply stayed as still as she possibly could. 

She had grown since she had last seen her brother, matured from the little girl she once was to a woman. Gone were her gangly limbs and awkward in-between frame, now she was tall and leggy, and filled out proportionately while maintaining her slender frame. Her face however, hadn’t changed. If one bothered to peel back the mask of beauty and composure she now tried to wear, it would be obvious that she was still the scared, defiant, and hot tempered filly she had been not too long ago. 

Besides the multitude of scars criss-crossing her body, the only defect one would see when watching her was the slight limp that she walked with. Given to her by Maugrim, her stuttering step was her only physical token from the attack she had set into motion. 

‘Come home.’

His words were breathy, and would’ve been easily lost on the breeze had all of her sense not been on hyper alert. Her heart quickens at his simple request, because its not really simple, is it? She didn’t even know what home was to her anymore, let alone if she could ever return to one of the past. Moving forward was how she had survived all of these years, and now the idea of going back seemed dangerous, uncertain. 

Her head started shaking, seemingly of its own accord. Soft at first, the back and forth motion soon turned violent and hurried, and the words rushed from her mouth in the same way, “No-I can’t! Why would I ever go back to a place where even my name is a taboo? You, Sakir, Nayl, Tang-“ she choked on a sob, “I hurt you all.” 

Her head dropped, weighed down with the shame as all of the happiness Fox had brought her over the past few months leached from her body like it had never been there at all.

@[Amet] I'm so sorry this took me a year and a half to get up, life has not been cooperating with me lately

Messages In This Thread
    do you feel like a young god? iset - by Amet - 08-15-2017, 07:00 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? iset - by Iset - 08-16-2017, 01:47 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? iset - by Amet - 08-22-2017, 06:01 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? iset - by Iset - 08-30-2017, 10:15 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? iset - by Amet - 09-06-2017, 05:55 PM