• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Wanna Play a Game?[Open]
    The cool autumn wind lifts her frosted mane from her neck, and the dun mare does not hold back a shiver. Here, where the redwoods and the deciduous trees meet, the forest is thinner. The wind rips roughly through these no man’s lands, and Djinni prefers the temperate heart of her quiet kingdom. The small mare resettles her weight in a more comfortable position, relaxing despite the lack of a visibly pleasant expression on her dark face.

His slick greeting does nothing to draw out a smile; she recalls their last meeting, when he had been greeted upon his arrival but never gave a reason for it. Still, she is appears to be a reasonable creature, and listens to what he has to say. The sorrow and bewilderment on his face do not read as false, but the rest of his tale has a ring of something other than honesty to them. The cobwebbed lines above her brows crinkle in a frown, and she disregards his suggestion that he might be of use.

“The Taiga has been destroyed?” She asks. “Where is Ruan? And the rest of the kingdom? I’d be happy to offer former Taigans refuge here, but I’d like to speak to the king first.” Ruan was a proud creature, she remembers. It is also difficult to imagine that he’d allow his pack to split up so easily, especially given the offer she had made him those years ago. Sylva is no redwood forest, but it is a forest just the same.

“You never introduced yourself last time.” She says then, tearing her eyes away from the east. She returns her sea-green gaze to the red eyes of the stallion. They remind her of the eyes of her sister’s firstborn, the little colt she’d born in the Chamber to a vicious stallion.
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    Wanna Play a Game?[Open] - by Ouija - 08-31-2017, 08:23 AM
    RE: Wanna Play a Game?[Open] - by Djinni - 08-31-2017, 02:12 PM
    RE: Wanna Play a Game?[Open] - by Ouija - 08-31-2017, 02:49 PM
    RE: Wanna Play a Game?[Open] - by Djinni - 09-01-2017, 07:12 AM
    RE: Wanna Play a Game?[Open] - by Ouija - 09-01-2017, 07:35 AM
    RE: Wanna Play a Game?[Open] - by Djinni - 09-01-2017, 10:04 PM
    RE: Wanna Play a Game?[Open] - by Ouija - 09-02-2017, 07:06 AM
    RE: Wanna Play a Game?[Open] - by Djinni - 09-04-2017, 07:57 PM
    RE: Wanna Play a Game?[Open] - by Ouija - 09-06-2017, 09:35 PM