• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

do you feel like a young god? ciri
    It had only been a few days (a week, maybe a few?) since she had arrived in Hyaline. Time blurred together since she had been spit out of the lake and she had only spent a short time with the golden dragon King. However, it felt like forever. The ease they had fallen into such companionship despite the awkward circumstances, bonding over her pain. She had not felt such care since the limited amount of time she had spent with her mother. She had been separated from her before she had even been a year old. It hadn't put her at a disadvantage, the stars had always been watching. Perhaps even intervening if needed.

Her metallic gaze is almost serene as she watches him work. Already her fever is abating, the medicine paste working it’s magic. Quietly her silver iris’s trace the pattern of his neck to his cheek, watching the determined line of his lips as they press together in concentration. She had never been put off by his unique scaling, finding it only made him more special then he already was. She had seen so much in her short life, a stallion of scales fell far on her list of surprises.

While the few of her acquaintances had usually been male, she had never allowed herself to get truly close to any of them. She had never truly had someone to call a friend. It’s a warmth that fills her chest like a hot shot of whisky. Soothing and pleasant, curling in her breast. When she touches him though, just the softest brush of contact, she can swear there’s some sort of jolt that she's never felt before. It’s a new experience, confusing. Not sure exactly what that feeling was or meant. It only heightens that pleasant sensation, time spent stuck on the shore went by so quickly when he was around.

He speaks of his sibling’s with obvious affection and she feeds off his emotion, the swirling of her silver iris’s conveying her wonder. As far as she knew, she was an only child. She had never known what it was like to bicker with a sibling, to look out for them, to have that confidante to share secrets with. It’s easier to grit through the pain when she is able to focus on something else, so she remains focused on his words even as the wound on her shoulder surges with a stinging sensation. She closes her eyes to better focus, wondering what it would be like to live somewhere else. Beqanna was all she had ever really known. Wherever she had traveled in her absence had not been far, just somewhere on the outskirts of the lands. Luckily she had been in them when the Reckoning had broken and remade itself, considering it was a land now surrounded by ocean.

He finishes his brief history and she’s left with more questions then answers. There’s something in the tone of his voice that keeps her from prying further. Realizing that he had escaped from his homeland, that this was a better life. The stars are alight in the core of her pupils, realizing that he hadn’t just made Hyaline a sanctuary for children. He had also created a sanctuary for himself.

”There’s not much to tell.” She admits with soft laughter, bright and airy like the stars she calls home. He has finished his work, now it was time for the sun to do the rest as it dried along her skin. ”Let’s see… I was born in the Dale. I lived there for a short time with my mother. I never met my dad.” Pausing as she considers, only vaguely remembering the face of Atrox but still unable to put two and two together. The vision unimportant she thinks. ”My mother and I were separated before I became a yearling.” She hadn’t seen her since. ”Since then I’ve mostly wandered. I don’t have a home or anything.. I’ve always just… Drifted?” She raises a brow, realizing that her tale must pale in comparison to his own. ”I’ve just tried to do right by others really, help those that can’t help themselves I guess. Just seems like the only path to follow for the past few years.”

Her path had just happened and she has been easy going enough to follow it good-naturedly. It had helped develop her sense of right and wrong, to understand the gray matter in between. Between helping a lost child find it’s way home in dangerous woods, fighting off predators, to protecting a mare being bullied by a too confident stallion. The stories were small and insignificant, but many. ”Then I fell into the Underneath. Now I’m here.” She smiles slightly at him, the insecurity of her situation darkening her spirits.

Soon she would be better and he had a life of his own. A kingdom to run, perhaps a family to take care of. It’s with a flush of guilt she realizes just how much of his precious time she has taken. ”Once I’m better of course, I’m sure I’ll pick up where I left off.” Her smile now hesitant, not quite meeting his eye and looking past him to the chilly hills. The pang in her heart making her doubt her path for the very first time.
    Ciri

@[Amet]

Messages In This Thread
    do you feel like a young god? ciri - by Amet - 09-11-2017, 11:49 AM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? ciri - by Ciri - 09-11-2017, 12:12 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? ciri - by Amet - 09-11-2017, 01:03 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? ciri - by Ciri - 09-11-2017, 03:15 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? ciri - by Amet - 09-11-2017, 10:06 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? ciri - by Ciri - 09-12-2017, 12:48 AM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? ciri - by Amet - 09-12-2017, 05:31 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? ciri - by Ciri - 09-13-2017, 09:29 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? ciri - by Amet - 09-14-2017, 07:15 PM