• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i am taking life day by day, or year by year
    this will never end, ‘cause i want more, more, give me more
    The thing about Lagertha is that she is open to having her mind changed, until a certain point, and then she is as stubborn as a rock and refuses to budge. Her disappointment in Dalten is evident, but if he is anything like her, he will use it to make himself better. She had a legacy and a very powerful legend to follow. Hopefully he would as well.

“Yes,” she begins crisply, “something more than the Jungle and something more than me.” She pauses and reaches out to gently touch her nose against his neck in a motherly fashion. It is a quick moment of love, but its brevity means nothing more than that she feels they have little time to waste. All is somewhat forgiven, with a caveat. And yes, there’s always a caveat with Lagertha.

“Let’s start with my family. So you know why I am who I am and do what I do, and why I have asked so much of you, my firstborn.” She fixes him with a level and frank gaze. Her mommy issues are about to come out, and in this she is very much like Scorch. “My dam was the third Queen of the Amazons, back when Beqanna was new. She was a fierce, respected warrior Queen, and from her came a whole line of Queens and Kings. My half-sister was and Amazon Queen, as were her children. My brothers, a King of the Valley and one of the most notorious stallions Beqanna has ever known. My nieces and nephews have been rulers. And I am the last child of a great mare who told me not to fuck it up. So now I am telling you… just don’t fuck up, ok?”  

She chuckles now, because those are such very broad instructions. The irony is not lost on her. “So. Tell me what you’re thinking and where might be a good starting point.” This is where she begins to teach him how to stand alone and think for himself. She cannot and will not give him all the answers.

lagertha
    carnage x grim reaper; amazonian general

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i am taking life day by day, or year by year - by Lagertha - 06-26-2015, 09:09 AM