• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Building a Mystery | Amet | Any
    Jah-Lilah
    someday, we will foresee obstacles
    In a big country dreams stay with you, like a lover's voice fires the mountainside.

He calms almost instantly beneath her gaze and her voice, getting control of the youthful persona inside of his kingly shell. My red mare smiles. She extends her neck to reach her nose out to sniff him, remembering the evening they had first met. He was older and wiser already it seemed, but heavy is the head that wears the crown. The boy is weary, stressed. She bumps him gently with her nose, a motherly presence. She knows, Dragon-King, the ways of the world are hard and unforgiving. Chin up though, it get's better.

He speaks about Daughter-of-the-Stars, sadness and longing in his voice. Jah-Lilah scoffs, holding back a chuckle. She wears a half-smile as she turns to look at him, shaking her head. "Then let her. Nothing can be kept that doesn't want to be." She sighs, searching for the words to help him understand. She contemplates, then speaks again. "It's like this, the Wolf-of-the-Water, the Spirit-in-the-Sky, I am theirs. I am loyal to them, I belong to them, mind, body, and soul. But they don't try to cage me. My soul is old as the sun, old as the moon, as all of us are, I cannot be kept, but I am bound to them. I love them, and they me, so they give me my freedom and I theirs. They know where I am though, always, and I know where they are. The fact that I don't call Hyaline or the Meadow or anywhere else home doesn't make me less theirs." She exhales wistfully, dreamy eyed and far away in her head. She snaps out of it and returns back to @[Amet]. "If anything, my freedom to roam makes me more appreciative of them when I do see them. I love them. I could never truly vanish from their lives, and they know that."

She continues to put on a display for the Dragon-King, her electricity lighting up the night. She tosses her head, her feathers tapping against her neck. The newest one belongs to her male consort, and she quite loves having a piece of him with her always. If only she could think of a way to carry her Wolf with her as well. Nevermind Jah-Lilah, we'll figure that out another time. "Let her go, Dragon-King. Let her find more of herself. Tell her how you feel, tell her she always has a place to come back to. Everyone needs an anchor, even if we don't realize it right away. She'll be thankful to have you and the Lake as hers. Trust in the Earth-Mother, she'll always take care of you." She bumps him softly again, seeing the worry and distress all in his body language. "She'll come back to you. Stop worrying about that one." And with that she nips him sharply on the shoulder, trying to stir him out of him sour mood.

Just stay alive.

Messages In This Thread
    Building a Mystery | Amet | Any - by Jah-Lilah - 09-27-2017, 07:24 PM
    RE: Building a Mystery | Amet | Any - by Sakir - 09-28-2017, 12:25 PM
    RE: Building a Mystery | Amet | Any - by Amet - 09-30-2017, 11:54 AM
    RE: Building a Mystery | Amet | Any - by Amet - 10-07-2017, 05:16 PM
    RE: Building a Mystery | Amet | Any - by Jah-Lilah - 10-11-2017, 12:56 PM
    RE: Building a Mystery | Amet | Any - by Amet - 10-14-2017, 08:05 PM
    RE: Building a Mystery | Amet | Any - by Amet - 10-18-2017, 08:40 PM
    RE: Building a Mystery | Amet | Any - by Amet - 11-03-2017, 08:03 PM