• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Wolf mother at the door- she don't smile anymore [Amet]
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

Of all things for her to say, it's the one thing that he had been least expecting that finally falls from her lips. He should have known, though, when her eyes had failed to meet his. When she refused to give him the whole story. Amet, having been under the impression that she could tell him her whole truths just as he could do with her, stands awestruck and unwilling to believe the words that she has just slapped him with. What had happened? When had she decided that she could not, should not, tell him everything?

Anger, a common theme in their most recent conversations, flares again. He does his best to dampen it the way he can do with magical traits, but this time he can't stop the hardening of his eyes or the way his nostrils flare. "What?" he asks flatly, so much so that it nearly sounds like a statement. He has so many questions for her and he wants to blurt them all out at once. Mostly, though, he wants to know why, but before his mouth can connect to his mind, the painted mare is speaking again.

His ears twitch for just a moment before turning backwards, though they don't pin. Never. "I don't need you to be an advisor or diplomat, Tang," he blurts out, wanting to tell her that she could have just confided in him. Could have simply told him instead of leaving him to guess. Could have just been a friend, but he had wanted to show his appreciation for her and her friendship by giving her that title. He hadn't known that it would make her feel trapped.

Amet falls silent again, his amber eyes searching hers as she tries to revitalize a small semblance of their friendship. His gaze is no longer angry, instead flecked with sadness and when she reaches her last point he truly begins to realize the gravity of their conversation. He expels a sigh of disbelief, his brow furrowing in confusion and irritation. "Never mind that you're not my only friend anymore, Tang. You were still my first friend. And it was with your guidance and friendship that I mended my relationship with Iset, that I was able to bounce back after the attack on Hyaline, that..." he snorts in exasperation and takes a small stride backwards, his amber gaze hard and hurting.

"I thought my friendship was of value, too." His jaw tightens as tears, having developed swiftly in his hardened gaze, threaten to spill. "But now you have to say goodbye simply because you're thinking of going home? I would have walked you all the way there and walked myself all the way back here if you had asked."

He is silent for a beat. For two. "I know your wanderlust well. I just hope it will bring you back here one day, to tell me how you've spent your life."
    Amet

@[Tangerine]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Wolf mother at the door- she don't smile anymore [Amet] - by Amet - 10-16-2017, 06:00 PM