• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a flower waiting to bloom - Ivar

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    Knowing the intentions behind Kylin’s actions are wholesome does nothing to stifle Ivar’s reaction to them. There is no obvious physical response to the way that she sighs at his touch or the desperate way she seeks connection, only a momentary slowing of movement. The lavender and white mare has always been affectionate, he knows, but now is not always. Now they are adults, now it is autumn, now he is hunter, now she is

(prey.)

The scaled stallion stifles the urge to return her constant touch. The intent behind Ivar’s touch would not be as innocent as her own; he barely manages to brush her shoulder companionably rather than bite down on her crest in a primal need to claim her as his own.

It’s the season, he reminds himself, pulling ahead of her to lead the way (and to clear his head). Breeding season, hunting season – they’re the very same to the black and white creature. It’s beter to focus on other things, he knows, and the proposed kangaroos are the very thing.

The joy on Kylin’s face is perfectly pure. Ivar watches her, clearly enthralled, and when she looks back to him for a brief moment her gives her an encouraging nod. The scene is reminiscent of his time spent with the star-strewn fillies; Kylin’s reaction is as simplistic and innocent as a child’s. He is reminded of their time as children themselves, her enthusiasm for life, for adventure.

“I usually find them in groups,” he says, taking his attention from the mare for the first time in a while, looking back down at the assembled marsupials. “But I’ve never tried to get any closer. I saw a big one kick a komodo dragon silly one time to protect a baby – enough to make me keep my distance.”

Kylin doesn’t intend to steal a baby though, he reasons – perhaps they won’t react so negatively to the presence of horses among them.

“We could always go down and find out?” Ivar suggests, stepping closer and pressing his shoulder to hers even as he keeps his brown eyes on the kangaroos. “I’d protect you if things went sour, of course.” Here he glances over at her with a sly wink, a teasing grin on his handsome face.

kelpie mimicry | dragon scales | tactile hypnosis

Messages In This Thread
    Like a flower waiting to bloom - Ivar - by Kylin - 10-07-2017, 04:04 PM
    RE: Like a flower waiting to bloom - Ivar - by Ivar - 10-17-2017, 09:47 PM