• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Take what the water gave me; Amet, Tangerine
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

Amet's inquiry is heavy, he knows, and the answer it yields will probably not be a simple yes or no. So when Circinae pauses to consider what has been presented to her, the leather-plated King waits patiently. His bright amber eyes watch the calm surface of the lake until the water wolf breaks the silence between them. He is attentive as she speaks, considering every option, but can't help the way his lips take a downward turn when the moss-colored mare tells him to forget about trust. It seems lonely to keep everyone at arm's length. And exhausting.

All he has ever wanted is for others to trust in him.
    And to find someone to place his own trust in.

Amet thinks of Jah-Lilah and her words on love. His mind drifts to Ciri, then, and the trust he has in her. He thinks of Offspring, Warrick, Tang. He thinks of his siblings. How could he keep himself from trusting in them when that's how he wants them to see him? He sighs quietly, the sound born of frustration and fatigue, but when Circinae nudges gently at his scaly shoulder, his lighthearted demeanor returns.

He flashes a smile at her, proud that his decision to separate Hyaline from Nerine had not gone unnoticed across Beqanna. He has a strong ally in Tephra now and, as Circinae has aptly noticed, a less-than-strong ally in Loess. A quiet chuckle breaks from his muzzle, though the options that his emerald companion has proffered do pique his interest. Amet mirrors her, his own gaze turning towards the lake for a moment before he tosses his head to motion across the lake. "I'd like to show you something," he says casually before pivoting his narrow frame and walking leisurely towards the western side of the crystalline basin.

As they walk, Amet considers her offer. There is truth in her statement - he worries, but not about Heda or Loess. "It's actually Tephra that I worry about. Offspring is a strong and capable ally, but I know this does not remove him from Gryffen's potential targets. I do not want Hyaline stuck between a warring Tephra and Sylva." Amet is fond of Offspring and of the friendship they have fostered. He could not (and would not) rebuff the molten King for the chance at a new alliance.

A truce, though... That could do.

"I don't doubt your capability, Circinae," he says with a hint of humor, "So yes, I would like for you to meet with Heda. I trust that you will make the right decision in terms of our future relationship with Loess." Color him curious, the young King is almost excitedly anxious to find out what the emerald mare has in mind for the hills that sit just beyond Hyaline's southern border.

They come to heel along the western treeline, just in view of the lake. Before them grows the sapling redwood tree that Kolera had planted only a few days prior to this conversation. It's nearly six feet tall now, coaxed to grow quickly by the bay mare's new powers. His lips twitch into a smile as he turns his amber eyes to Circinae. "It's like the trees of Taiga, yes? It was a gift from Kolera. A symbol of Hyaline's rebirth, of sorts." He pauses, mulling over his thoughts briefly as his gaze moves back to the tree that is so different from the rest of his home's topiary. "I'd like for you and your tribe to name it. And when you come back from Loess, I hope you will consider replacing Tangerine as my Advisor."
    Amet

@[Circinae]

Messages In This Thread
    Take what the water gave me; Amet, Tangerine - by Circinae - 10-11-2017, 09:34 PM
    RE: Take what the water gave me; Amet, Tangerine - by Circinae - 10-17-2017, 01:56 PM
    RE: Take what the water gave me; Amet, Tangerine - by Amet - 10-19-2017, 06:31 PM
    RE: Take what the water gave me; Amet, Tangerine - by Circinae - 10-20-2017, 04:38 PM
    RE: Take what the water gave me; Amet, Tangerine - by Circinae - 10-23-2017, 03:40 PM