• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Take what the water gave me; Heda, Ivar

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    Circine is a powerful queen: well connected, support at every side. Were the kelpie to do her harm he knows that retribution would follow quickly. It would do nothing to turn back time though, and by the hour justice would arrive, the green mare would be long dead. She is fortune then, that Ivar has recently fed, and in turn his kingdom is benefits from her good luck.

She’s helping him already, it seems.

“We’ve been a bit more cautious of late,” he admits without shame, “though I think that’s understandable, given Sylva’s threat to rip out Heda’s throat and force the kingdom to kneel to Gryffen.”

He doesn’t say anything more immediately, but rather steps to the side, gesturing with his head for Circinae to walk on. His brown gaze does not leave her face though; he wonders how forthright the wraith of Sylva has been in his dealings with the rest of the kingdoms. Loess has been at a disadvantage, isolated from the rest of the kingdoms not by distant, but rather by lack of information. They did not interact with the outside world as perhaps they should have, and it has fallen on Ivar to deal with the consequences of decisions that were never in his hands.

“I am curious,” he begins, charming without conscious effort, accompanying the stranger farther into the hills of Loess. “How were you planning on helping me?” She had probably meant the kingdom rather than Ivar himself, but the piebald stallion is not want to leave any stone unprovoked (he enjoys mixing metaphors). “I’m Ivar, by the way. Who are you?”

kelpie mimicry | dragon scales | tactile hypnosis

Messages In This Thread
    Take what the water gave me; Heda, Ivar - by Circinae - 10-31-2017, 11:17 AM
    RE: Take what the water gave me; Heda, Ivar - by Circinae - 11-04-2017, 12:45 PM
    RE: Take what the water gave me; Heda, Ivar - by Ivar - 11-04-2017, 01:49 PM
    RE: Take what the water gave me; Heda, Ivar - by Circinae - 11-04-2017, 02:48 PM
    RE: Take what the water gave me; Heda, Ivar - by Circinae - 11-04-2017, 04:14 PM
    RE: Take what the water gave me; Heda, Ivar - by Circinae - 11-07-2017, 04:54 PM