• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  My Brother's Keeper
    Bragi dipped his head politely in response to Nyxa's introduction. He noticed the way she was watching Hod, as if she could tell there was something off, but wasn't sure what it was yet. He was used to that, and he knew that if they were around her much longer, she would ask. Everyone did, if given the time. It made him angry, and sad, that how others judged his brother on his blindness. Hod was so much more than that. If anything, not seeing with his eyes made his other forms of perception that much more intense. Their sire hadn't seen it that way, however. Which is what lead them to their current nomadic lifestyle.
    "Greetings Nyxa. I myself am known as Bragi. And this," he paused to indicate his companion "this is Hod, my brother." He listened to the filly's brief description of her purpose. Ah. So here was another with familial troubles. She seemed unwilling to go into further detail, and so he did not pry. Her offer to take them with her, though, that took him by surprise. She must be hurting for company, to invite two strange stallions to be her traveling companions.

Hod felt an unfamiliar thrill at being invited along with the nice-sounding lass. She wanted them to go with her? Maybe this would give them a chance to... but no, he dared not even consider it. Bragi had never liked for them to stay in one place long. He did not think that would change now. He smiled in Nyxa's direction though, and leaned into Bragi's shoulder, mutely asking him to allow this detour. He was so tired still. Even if it was just for a few nights, getting the chance to rest would be invaluable.         Bragi returned the comforting pressure against his brother's slight shoulder. He knew how hard this travel had been the colt. He hated making life difficult, even with the best of intentions. Bragi breathed a musing sigh. He understood what his brother was tacitly requesting. He was tired too. He had spent his youth thus far as his brother's continuous guide and protector. He wanted to be young and free again... He barely dared think it, let alone speak it out loud. But it was getting harder and harder to ignore the feeling, especially as Hod had grown more independent over the last year.

This was something they needed to do, he realized. They couldn't just roam aimlessly for the rest of their lives, there was no way. "We do humbly accept your offer, lass. Lead on, Fair Nyxa, lead on!" He proclaimed at last, flashing her a wicked grin.
    Hod could hardly believe his ears. They were going?! He let loose a joyous whinny and tossed his growing mane in excitement. Life was changing quickly, and he couldn't wait to discover where it was leading them.

@[Nyxa]

Messages In This Thread
    My Brother's Keeper - by Bragi - 11-04-2017, 12:38 PM
    RE: My Brother's Keeper - by Nyxa - 11-04-2017, 03:19 PM
    RE: My Brother's Keeper - by Bragi - 11-04-2017, 04:32 PM
    RE: My Brother's Keeper - by Nyxa - 11-07-2017, 02:02 PM
    RE: My Brother's Keeper - by Bragi - 11-08-2017, 09:45 PM
    RE: My Brother's Keeper - by Nyxa - 11-11-2017, 04:45 PM
    RE: My Brother's Keeper - by Bragi - 11-11-2017, 07:58 PM