• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

momma didn't raise no fool - anyone

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    The brisk air above the water sends a shiver down the tall stallion’s spine, but he presses his half-submerged shoulder to Ichor’s, sharing her warmth without thought. The golden mare is an extension of himself now, and it feel natural. Less natural is heaving himself on to dry land, but it must be done. He has left Loess for too long. A few months ago, that would never have concerned him. It is a strange weight, one that he is not yet entirely comfortable with. Perhaps someday he will adjust, but until that day, he will work to make it easier. Easier is having someone – someones – with him, to distract and pacify him when the urge to hunt becomes too strong.

He’s always done it, though in the past Ivar had made an effort to hide his pastimes from Heda. His new position has granted him boldness, and the steady assembling of a harem in the hills will soon be impossible to miss.

Ichor may be pinned to a board in said harem, but it is the safest of boards, a treasured and important board.

“I knew you’d like it,” he replies, watching the water run in rivulets down her feathery neck. She is novel in most every way, he decides, deserving of the very center of the board.

Ivar stands on the bank now, having pulled himself out of the water’s embrace. The winter wind is cold against his scales, and he thinks longingly of the protected springs waiting for them back home.

“Come with me to Loess?” He asks her, meeting Ichor’s eyes with his brown gaze. “I want you to live with me there, if you’d like that.” The kelpie asks as if she has a choice, as if he hadn’t pressed the need to agree into her mind below the water a moment ago. She will be safe there, and she will like the novelty that the land provides. Lowering his head, he brushes against her fragile wing with the utmost care, knowing that the desire to keep her nearby is strong enough to allay any concerns he might have about the declaration that having her live with him in Loess will cause.

kelpie mimicry | dragon scales | tactile hypnosis
    minimal grullo tobiano king of loess

Messages In This Thread
    momma didn't raise no fool - anyone - by Ivar - 09-02-2017, 09:04 PM
    RE: momma didn't raise no fool - anyone - by Ivar - 09-07-2017, 08:19 PM
    RE: momma didn't raise no fool - anyone - by Ivar - 09-12-2017, 10:01 PM
    RE: momma didn't raise no fool - anyone - by Ivar - 09-24-2017, 03:09 PM
    RE: momma didn't raise no fool - anyone - by Ivar - 10-08-2017, 11:31 AM
    RE: momma didn't raise no fool - anyone - by Ivar - 10-18-2017, 07:32 AM
    RE: momma didn't raise no fool - anyone - by Ivar - 10-28-2017, 09:38 AM
    RE: momma didn't raise no fool - anyone - by Ivar - 11-02-2017, 10:27 PM
    RE: momma didn't raise no fool - anyone - by Ivar - 11-10-2017, 03:13 PM