• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Any.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    Brennen likes the way she meets his gaze, bold and forward. He settles into place, tail swishing idly, though the slightest movement of the grass beneath his hooves in the absence of an actual breeze or wind gives him food for thought. He doesn’t know enough about either of them to assign the cause to a person, but his gut says it’s Volcan, not Starlin.

He lets Starlin fill the silence, and she makes the case for Nerine, for their fledgling army and cause for rebuilding the Amazons. Brennen gives the little grulla mare his full attention while she is speaking, his mind turning over her words like a child might carefully consider the many rocks and shells on a beach. She sounds sincere – but the determination of those trying to rebuild Nerine has wavered many times, and he is not sure that she will be more successful than those who came before her. He says nothing, though, for a variety of reasons. That lingering guilt…his affection for the young…his remaining admiration for the Amazons of old.

When Starlin is quiet, that makes it his turn to plead his case for his own Kingdom. “I’m Brennen,” he introduces himself to both, unaware that Starlin has already identified him. “Of Ischia. It’s nice – a tropical island.” He didn’t pick it because it was beautiful, that was a convenient side effect, so he moves on quite quickly. “We’re in a transitory state at the moment, with a new Queen, but that leaves a lot of room for new blood to prove themselves. I’m sure we’re in need of diplomats as well but personally, I’m looking to fill my army.”

The bay is many things – a warrior, a father, a diplomat when needs must – but he is also a teacher. A leader. He will grow his army into something to be respected, whether that is from recruiting talented fighters or making them. She has the fire for it; only time will tell if she has the skill or the perseverance.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    Any. - by Volcan - 11-26-2017, 08:09 PM
    RE: Any. - by Starlin - 12-02-2017, 09:27 AM
    RE: Any. - by Brennen - 12-05-2017, 12:20 AM
    RE: Any. - by Volcan - 12-05-2017, 01:28 AM
    RE: Any. - by Starlin - 12-08-2017, 08:27 AM
    RE: Any. - by Brennen - 12-11-2017, 11:40 PM
    RE: Any. - by Volcan - 12-18-2017, 07:54 PM