• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Well look at you now? [Jah]
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

There is acid infused in Deathwish's greeting and his ears adjust so that they are no long just turned backwards but nesting within his tousled mane instead. He opens his mouth to oust her, to turn her away from this sanctuary, but it's Jah-Lilah's electric fireflies that sizzle with agitation through the air that distracts him and pulls him back from the cusp of rage. To say that he is displeased to see the foul black mare return to Hyaline would do his emotion no true justice ─ her very presence threatens the sanctity of his home, of Solace's home.

"You mistake my question for interest in your life. I assure you that I have none," he responds bluntly to her as she snakes her muzzle out towards him, a black cobra that he has no desire to tolerate but will not remove physically unless she attempts to bring harm to Hyaline or those within it. Amet stands still, pupils narrowing in a sea of amber as Deathwish nears him and he considers the use of his nihilism to ensure her cooperation briefly but is effectively cut off by the red soothsayer and her own jet of lightning. The Akhal-Teke tosses his gilded head skyward and he takes a step back, acknowledging Jah-Lilah's warning snort with a nod of understanding.

Amet bites his tongue as she works to belittle him, though the nickname is quickly forgotten as Deathwish threatens the use of her abilities on his wisteria. And then, before he can respond, her voice loses its faux sweetness and she recalls the night of the attack. Children, she says, and Amet cannot stop the small, incredulous grin that hints at the corners of his lips, but he maintains his silence ─ if only because he is curious of Jah-Lilah and how she will react to the bay mare's aggression.

He is not disappointed.

Her threat to Deathwish concludes and effectively puts the ball back in his court, and by this time the stallion's amusement has faded to make way for cold anger. He addresses the red soothsayer alone, his voice calmer simply because she is near, as he answers her inquiry about events of the past. "A group of children, including my sister, invaded Hyaline and destroyed nearly half of it just after I made it a home and sanctuary. Tangerine was injured, everything was in ruins... Deathwish rotted all of the fish in the lake and helped to tear the land apart." The synopsis is brief, though he has to keep it that way to prevent his anger from igniting into hot fury. He refuses to hold a grudge, to harbor that negativity, but that does not stop him from turning his amber eyes back to the black mare and narrowing them on her.

"I was a boy who hoped to feed more kindness into the world. What have you contributed? Children or not, you knew right from wrong. All of you did. Children or not, your intention was to harm. Call me Little King if you'd like ─ we may have been children then, but you are still one now."

Amet rips his gaze from Deathwish and returns it to Jah-Lilah, offering the red wytch a terse smile. "I would prefer that she remain outside of the borders for your discussion, but I trust that you will make sure she leaves when you are done," he says calmly with complete trust in the red soothsayer, ready to remove himself from Deathwish's vicinity. "Would you like me to keep Quiet-Storm company while you are busy?" the gilded stallion inquires, hoping that the youthful innocence of Gypsey will help to un-ruffle his scales.

@[Deathwish] @[Jah-Lilah]

Messages In This Thread
    Well look at you now? [Jah] - by Deathwish - 12-11-2017, 06:42 PM
    RE: Well look at you now? [Jah] - by Jah-Lilah - 12-14-2017, 02:26 PM
    RE: Well look at you now? [Jah] - by Amet - 12-14-2017, 04:18 PM
    RE: Well look at you now? [Jah] - by Deathwish - 12-18-2017, 01:30 AM
    RE: Well look at you now? [Jah] - by Jah-Lilah - 12-20-2017, 02:14 PM
    RE: Well look at you now? [Jah] - by Amet - 12-29-2017, 10:12 PM
    RE: Well look at you now? [Jah] - by Deathwish - 12-29-2017, 10:49 PM