• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and when I breathed - lagertha, any
    and when I breathed, my breath was lightning
    She sort of died. It’s an important difference. In her ghost form, her coat is flecked with gray (in some places more gray than gold, really). The effects of slowly dying were not lost on her, were not completely reversed when she made her way back to the land of the living. Though at the same time, while she’s sort of dead sometimes, she’s also figured out she’ll actually live longer. Partial immortality, at least. She doesn’t think she’s entirely immortal, since she’s still slightly alive. She’s not entirely sure how it will affect her, truthfully. Mortal when living, immortal when a ghost. She’d guessing maybe there will be a weird middle ground where she lives longer but not forever. Though maybe she’s just wrong. She doesn’t exactly know how this works.

She can’t help but laugh slightly at Lagertha’s question. “Truthfully, I have no idea. Discovered I can surf on lightning when I was falling between realms. Had no idea.” She can’t help but wonder what life would have been like if there had really been someone to train her. Riagan had tried, but he had no traits of his own. He didn’t know how to relate, not really. She was still discovering new things. There’s plenty she can’t do, of course. But she gets the point. There’s a lot she can do as well.

“Oh, and apparently I have a brother. They told me about him. Still haven’t found him. Leander, if you ever meet a boy that looks like me.” The whole thing was mind boggling, and she would probably always be reeling from that trip. Even if just a little bit. Lagertha mentions her own parents, but Rhy doesn’t know much of Lagertha’s history. She should remedy that someday, though she doesn’t like to pry either. Still, she feels guilty to know so little, really, about her friend.

But Lagertha changes the topic before Rhy can decide how much asking is actually just annoying prying. She asks about Kratos, and Rhy grins slightly. Obviously the cat is out of the bag, though really, she figured that ship sailed long ago. Every time he cracked open the sky above the Jungle, she assumed everyone knew who had come to call. “He was the first horse I could actually touch.” She admits. She’s never told anyone that before. In truth, he’s the only horse she can really touch, at least as herself completely and truly. She can turn off the electric now, and others are no longer in danger. But with him, she doesn’t have to. “I don’t know about soon. The Jungle seems to keep me rather busy. I’m sure you know the feeling. But eventually, I suspect.”

rhy

the electric lioness of riagan and rayelle

character reference here  | character info here

Messages In This Thread
    and when I breathed - lagertha, any - by Rhy - 06-05-2015, 03:12 PM
    RE: and when I breathed - lagertha, any - by Rhy - 06-18-2015, 09:45 AM
    RE: and when I breathed - lagertha, any - by Rhy - 06-30-2015, 09:51 AM
    RE: and when I breathed - lagertha, any - by Rhy - 07-08-2015, 09:41 AM