• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and when i breathed - kora
    and when I breathed, my breath was lightning
    She has to find Kora. This much she knows. Has known since she tumbled through the air between the realm of the living and the dead, since she rode a wave of electric across Beqanna. First to Kratos, then to Lagertha and Scorch. Why hadn’t she gone to Kora first? There were too many reasons, in truth. All excuses, she knows. But Kratos and Lagertha had been at the end of the world, and Rhy needed to see if they were okay. And then, she saw Scorch because telling Kora their parents were dead just wasn’t high on her list to do. It had been hard enough telling Kratos and Lagertha and Scorch. Every time she said the words, the weight of it settled on her even more. Each time she spoke the words, it was less like and dream and more like reality.

These things really did happen. She fought monsters and watched the world come to an end. She heard the static that devoured the world. She found her parents in the afterlife. Together and happy but still, gone. There would never be a moment when they found her in the Jungle and wrapped themselves around her in a hug. She’d never get to be their little girl in life again. Any hope, however remote she had, of such a reunion was long gone.

Then of course, there’s the last problem. She doesn’t know where her sister is. Somewhere cold, likely, but she hadn’t seen Kora in the Tundra when she had been. Her sister was probably tucked deep in some blizzard where Rhy would never be able to find her. Despite her newfound skill of being half-dead, Rhy still couldn’t read minds or track someone down in any particularly useful way. So she goes to the only place she can think of – the meadow.

The sky above the meadow cracks with lightning. Not constantly, but enough, like a lighthouse. Bright and vivid and out of place in the otherwise blue spring sky. Eventually, no matter where Kora was, Rhy figured her sister would notice the electric storm in the sky. The tendrils of lightning reached as far as Rhy could manage across Beqanna, the bulk of the storm settling over the meadow. Kora would know. She would come.

rhy

the electric lioness of riagan and rayelle

character reference here  | character info here

@[Kora]

Messages In This Thread
    and when i breathed - kora - by Rhy - 07-08-2015, 10:02 AM
    RE: and when i breathed - kora - by Kora - 07-14-2015, 05:04 PM
    RE: and when i breathed - kora - by Rhy - 07-29-2015, 01:31 PM
    RE: and when i breathed - kora - by Kora - 08-09-2015, 11:05 AM
    RE: and when i breathed - kora - by Rhy - 08-17-2015, 10:14 AM
    RE: and when i breathed - kora - by Kora - 08-31-2015, 01:06 PM