• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

in the middle of the night; anyone
    She is full of compliments, and Merrick responds to them with a warm smile. 'Peacocking', Tyrinn had once called his well-displayed collection, but the slate blue stallion has always found more enjoyment in looking at the feathers than in showing them off. Still, Amanita's compliments are well received and flattering.

"And someone willing to donate them as well," he says, "Though I've always fancied myself quick enough to get away if I had to resort to stealing a few." He winks, knowing that despite his roguish claim he does not have the aura of a thief - or even of someone bold enough to try.

Amanita asks about a home, and Merrik shakes his head in the brief pause between her words. He's never felt the need to find a place to stay, not when there is grass in the meadow, water in the river, and shelter in the forest. Still, the way she speaks of the lands beyond seems to mean more. Perhaps she is the type to want a kingdom, a place to protect and be protected by. Merrik cannot honestly say that he has ever felt such a need, but he does not judge her for it.

"It's different than the kingdoms of before," remarks the sabino stallion, "but they're still kingdoms. I would have lived in the Tundra, but I can't say I dislike the lack of perpetual wind and snow." He pauses and shivers at the idea of neverending ice, and then looks back at Amanita. "What about you? Where did you call home, before all of this?"

Messages In This Thread
    in the middle of the night; anyone - by Amanita - 01-26-2018, 03:01 PM
    RE: in the middle of the night; anyone - by Merrik - 02-23-2018, 05:52 PM