• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

just as i can be so cruel; hestia

The turmoil that ripped her up inside for as long as she can remember is coming to an end. It’s painful, its hard, it takes everything she has to not bare her teeth and tell them all to go do themselves. Oh wait… she did…. They wouldn’t have it, they laughed at it. They pressed her, cornered her, trapped her into talking. Then, then, she had a chance, a chance that never happens, certainly never happens to someone like herself. She got to see the one at the source of all her turmoil, got to see him, and tell him exactly what she thought of him. She could have become a terror, would have become a terror if others had not already been stepping into her life and showing her that possibly. There is a chance she’s worth caring about.

Its such a strange concept, she scoffs at it, snorting her frustration. She’s growing soft, and it’s not sitting well with her. The birds startle at her noise, she used to be silent, a ghost amongst the trees. Soft I tell you! Now her black hide glistens sleek with health. Curves lack the bulging muscle, now they are simply defined in an outline of supple skin. No longer at they developed thick and stringy in the battle between life and death against the wildlife of her home. No, now she lives in a safe place, a lush place filled with healthy grasses, rivers, and shelter. She has people who care about her.

Its just so wrong, she’s fought so long to have this, spent so many nights dreaming and longing for this. The power, the respect, the love of friends… Now she has it all, and she still has so much work to do. She loves that there is still work, thrives under the drive to make things better. But its still just so foreign that she isn’t all that comfy in it. To used to another lifestyle, she forgot what her childhood of royalty had felt like. She’s searching out a place where she can hide for a moment, where her friends can’t find her and ask her about her day. Where the diplomats don’t run into her and tell her how her kingdom messed with their lives, or recruits can ask her where they are.

She nods and speaks kindly to the recruits and diplomats, she’s learning to have fun with her friends. But sometimes you just need a moment to yourself. All her haunts, caves, creeks, dense brush, they’ve all been found, or someone close enough to her to get her away from her solitude will be there. Currently she’s seeking out a spot in the forest. Finding a place here should be easy, so many trees thickets, creeks and the main river runs through here as well. Not like there is much of a chance of someone stumbling across her.

However, it seems that this is not her lucky day. As its not someone stumbling onto her, but the other way around. She doesn’t mean to, but she’s so absorbed in her own little pity party that she doesn’t realize when a crow has announced her presence, or a horse is right there in the trail she is about to try and cross. She stops where she’s at and shifts her weight uncomfortably waiting for him to move ahead and ignore the sound of… snap… a twig underhoof, she lets out a sigh.

Nope he’s not going to keep on walking, now is he? And she’s to close for him not to find her easily. Great! Hi, she’s not feeling up to all the jazz of flowering her words like she should be, in case of this being important kingdom horse. Stepping from the dark, she looks up from watching her steps to meet his gaze. His eyes are the first things she notices about him. They grab her attention immediately. Such a strange color, mesmerizing in their own way. She finds that she can’t look away from them.

HESTIA

The devil whispered in my ear, “you’ll never survive the storm”
    I whispered back, “I am the storm”

@[Murc]
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
    just as i can be so cruel; hestia - by Murc - 02-23-2018, 08:48 PM
    RE: just as i can be so cruel; hestia - by Hestia - 02-24-2018, 04:03 AM
    RE: just as i can be so cruel; hestia - by Murc - 03-09-2018, 02:05 PM
    RE: just as i can be so cruel; hestia - by Hestia - 03-10-2018, 01:38 PM
    RE: just as i can be so cruel; hestia - by Murc - 03-11-2018, 02:11 PM
    RE: just as i can be so cruel; hestia - by Hestia - 03-11-2018, 05:05 PM