• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

giving birth, anyone;
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"
    The stress of being alone prolonged her pregnancy. Every step now aches and every breath is labored.

This isn't how she wanted it to be.
    She wanted him here, with her, and with their children.
    But he's gone now.

Her jaw clenches tightly as she draws in a sharp breath. This pregnancy has been much more painful, much more tiresome. When she looks back at herself she looks larger than she ever has before. "Covet," she finds herself whispering into the dense thicket of trees. If only he could be here to soothe her pain and reassure her that it will be okay.

His name is spoken on a wind that never responds. A frown creases her pretty face but then she can't help but grin because the stillness of the breeze reminds her of his stoic nature. He has to be here with her. He is in the shadows that grope after her as she slowly meanders through the Jungle until she is near a familiar hill.

The grave is overgrown with knotted vines. She peers up at it lovingly before her legs buckle and she is lying down on the soil. The earth caresses its former princess as her tiresome hours of labor begin.

Perhaps it's her age that is making this so difficult. The strain is etched across her face as sweat dampens her coat. It feels like an eternity as the humid air clings to her skin. From mid-afternoon until dusk, Myrina is struggling until, finally, the pain is just a dull throb and her body takes an exasperated breath. During the labor she had felt a foal slip out only to feel another jolt of pain that signified another. "Twins," she mutters to herself and to an imaginary Covet. With a brighter expression, despite the exhausting past hours, Myrina turns her attention to the two colts. A palomino tobiano and a bay. Both boys. Both healthy.

A smile tips up the corners of her mouth. If only Covet could see that she gave him boys, not only daughters. Her muzzle brushes softly against one then the other as she hums their names. "Rhonan and Tytos, my two precious boys."

But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

Messages In This Thread
    giving birth, anyone; - by Myrina - 07-10-2015, 07:05 PM
    RE: giving birth, anyone; - by Rhonan - 07-13-2015, 04:02 PM
    RE: giving birth, anyone; - by Sunday - 07-14-2015, 08:41 PM
    RE: giving birth, anyone; - by Scorch - 07-17-2015, 09:26 PM
    RE: giving birth, anyone; - by Myrina - 07-20-2015, 01:51 PM
    RE: giving birth, anyone; - by Rhonan - 07-21-2015, 02:40 PM